Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 11:51 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,448,830 times

Advertisements

Awwwwww so cute! I love dogs!!! Their AWESOME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 05:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,373,324 times
I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. Emma was a beautiful girl! Was she a specific breed? She certainly was unique-looking! And she was obviously very well loved.

It is such a shock to lose a pet so unexpectedly. I lost a dog many years ago when she had a heart attack during the night. She passed away in her sleep, and I found her when I got up the next morning...she was just shy of 10.
A friend of mine also lost a dog very unexpectedly; she'd taken her two dogs for a walk one morning, came back to the house and her younger dog (4 years old, big playful mutt) suddenly collapsed and was gone within seconds. No warning at all, no outward signs of health problems.

I agree, treasure every moment you have with your pets. Life is unpredictable.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:50 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,976,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Life has these weird ways of throwing us curve balls that we do not expect.That is life. Death is a part if life and we do not always get warnings that it is lurking nearby. So if you are reading this hug your dog and other loved ones a little closer tonight and be thankful for every day you have with them. Life is a gift so do not take it for granted. It can be taken away in the blink of an eye.
^ So true. Life is fragile and fleeting; there are no guarantees how much time we will have with our loved ones.
I am so sorry for your and your sister's loss. Emma's death is a hard bittersweet lesson for your sister's grandson. What a great gift that he was a part of her life and that she was able to teach him so much about life and about dogs.
RIP sweet girl Emma.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:07 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,197,465 times
So sorry about Emma. What a great life your sister gave her dogs.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:20 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,010,633 times
I am so sorry for this sudden loss of a beautiful dog.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,722,917 times
So sorry to hear about Emma. It's always hard to lose a dog but I think it's especially hard when it's sudden.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:02 PM

19,740 posts, read 11,983,602 times
RIP, sweet Emma. We never know how long we have with our precious fur kids. I lost my baby boy last month at only 2 years old.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:10 PM

5,093 posts, read 12,549,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
I! Was she a specific breed? She certainly was unique-looking!
Emma was a mutt. Maybe some bearded collie in her maybe some deerhound as her hair was always rather unkempt looking like theirs even after you brushed her, My sister tends to like the scruffy looking dogs.

I think when dogs die unexpectedly besides things like heart attacks or strokes that Aneurysms need to be in there too. In many cases you do not see any signs or symptoms until it does burst and then if it is a blood vessel of any good size it is usually too late as they bleed out internally too fast. Toss tumors on the spleen in there too as a sudden rupture of them can cause a sudden death too. Of course this all applies to any animal or human too.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:04 AM

18,443 posts, read 18,590,128 times
So sad.... I adore my wee dog who gets loads of attention, bottled water only and her own home made food.. shes taken for walks to meet her pals at the park and I dread the day she might not be here..... the thing is though that a short wonderful life for any dog is better than years of unhappiness that some have, Emma had a great life as all dogs should....

Old 10-09-2016, 02:12 PM

5,093 posts, read 12,549,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
RIP, sweet Emma. We never know how long we have with our precious fur kids. I lost my baby boy last month at only 2 years old.
Sorry about your loss it would be really difficult to have to say good bye to such a young dog.

A couple years ago when My Chaos was 3 she suddenly started having trouble sitting and a trip to the vet also discovered a very high fever , she was worked up for many things and just kept getting sicker and it was obvious even walking was causing her much pain and yet the vet was stumped so I was considering putting her down as it would not be fair to her to expect her to live a life of pain or spend it so doped up on pain meds that she could not enjoy life. I kept thinking she is only 3 this really sucks so it was breaking my heart so I can imagine how hard it must be to have a young dog die.

My story did have a happy ending though the vets remained stumped I called an animal communicator. She was able help me and thanks to her Chaos is healthy and pain free. So I did not end up having to make that awful decision for my young dog. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs