Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 07:06 PM

157 posts, read 563,236 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here feed thier dogs Nature's Recipe? We just tried the Farm Stand Selects and the bag was gone in less than a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,910,424 times
I have, and it gave my dog the worst diarrhea he has ever had.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM

338 posts, read 1,364,966 times
When I first found my pup (see my other posts), he was quite sick, and as a healthy eater myself, I wanted to ensure I fed him the best. I tried as many different dry kibble samples as I could, mixing them a little with each new brand. Some of them he simply would not eat, and some gave him the runs. We *did* try Nature's Variety Raw Variety (dry kibble) and mixed this with Innova Evo (No-grain). He liked these until we ran out traveling, and I had to drive two hours to find a place that carried either product. After that I discovered the BARF diet, and began feeding him raw, homemade food. I could never get him to eat the bones, although he does eat *some* bone, so I provide a calcium alternative in his diet. But... since we switched to the raw diet (he was four months old at the time), he has been completely healthy, energetic, and very happy. Everyone we meet comments on his beautiful coat and healthy appearance. I'd recommend the BARF Diet to anyone - for cats as well. It's much easier than many ppl make it out to be, and it's much healthier for your pet. No concerns when pet food recalls come (although we switched before many of these had occurred, and it had no bearing on our having switched). I know exactly the source of his supply, and I only feed my pup the very best. For the joys he provides, he's more than worth it! For more info, Google B.A.R.F. (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones and Raw Food).

Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM

5 posts, read 16,294 times
Smile Dog food choices

There are so many food on the market: The ones that I like and refer to my guests ( I run a doggie hotel) are as follows....
Also, if you want more info- please feel free to e-mail me ...

Innova ( EVO ) - excellent and no junk fillers
Eagle Pack - another holistic and excellent food
Wellness Formula - Whitefish and sweet potatoe

all the above are a little above average for price. But worth the $$$.
They can only be found in a pet store.

Now, I also refer to supplements - ask me if you want that info too.

Best Wishes

Marie

Last edited by Marka; 03-03-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: url removed

Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM

338 posts, read 1,364,966 times
Question Dog Supplements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvetmarie View Post
...Now, I also refer to supplements - ask me if you want that info too.
Yes - could you list a few dog supplements?

Just a general vitamin is all I'm really looking for - thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs