Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 02:25 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,045,612 times

Advertisements

Our Aussie, who has sight & hearing issues, will bark when doorbells ring on TV shows/movies. Our Yorkie has jumped on that bandwagon.

Years ago we lived in a small house with our Yorkie and our border collie (who has since passed). Our BC used to stand in the kitchen at random times an bark at the ceiling. He would refuse to walk across the floor at those times. My hairdresser, who claimed to be a medium, said if it isn't rodents in the attic, then it's a ghost. I'll assume there were rodents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,201 times
An empty plastic grocery bag that fell off the table. When we picked it up and gestured toward him with it (you know, like "wtf dude? It's a grocery bag") He cowered between the couch and the chair with his tail tucked firmly between his legs, and peed...

Old 02-27-2017, 06:04 PM

24,181 posts, read 13,035,212 times
I had a shepherd/BC mix who barked at a missile interceptor test at White Sands, NM, about 200 miles to the east of where I was stationed in Tucson. It was very early in the morning, right before sunrise, and she made quite a racket.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:54 PM

4,001 posts, read 4,072,222 times
I had a lab mix that would bark at the blinking Christmas lights across the field at the neighbor's house.

My daughter's lab used to look across the living room into the kitchen as if someone was standing in the doorway. Other times he would look at a person as if he was looking right THROUGH them.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:15 PM

11,110 posts, read 7,848,534 times
https://youtu.be/WoyO4L3StoU

Protecting his bone.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:20 AM

736 posts, read 452,496 times
The Cowardly Lion. We have a 3 lb. white tea cup poodle, he never pays any attention to anything on television. Except when the Wizard of Oz is on; anytime the Cowardly Lion is in a scene he goes berserk!

Old 03-01-2017, 02:12 AM

30,139 posts, read 23,530,498 times
My girl dog barks at me. She back talks me when I tell her to do something and she doesn't like what I want her to do.

If she's outside barking away at something, and I tell her to "knock it off", she will wait a second or two and then respond with a back talk bark at lower volume.

My sister finds it absolutely hilarious that my dog does this. I guess I got so used to it that I was a little surprised when my sister started laughing the first time she witnessed it. I had said "yeah, she thinks she's funny" before it really consciously hit me that, wait a minute, this little punk is talking smack to me.

The boy, on the other hand, barks when things are out of place...out in nature. One time he barked at cinder blocks that someone had left near where they usually parked their airboat, (it was out on a run) when I lived in the Everglades. He had a FIT about those cinderblocks.

The other time was his very first time ever to Acadia National Park in Maine. We were on the rocks overlooking the ocean, and this pebble was sitting in the middle of one rock. I even have a photo of him and this trespassing pebble. He circled it over and over, barking at it, pawing at it...it was NOT supposed to be there, according to him, even though he'd never been there before.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 03-01-2017 at 02:31 AM..

Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 PM

50,012 posts, read 63,347,416 times
Today, I got a thing. It's a spout that screws onto a pop bottle full of water. You turn it upside down into a flowerpot, and it waters the flowerpot.
We took our dachshund out to pee and he noticed it sticking out of the plant, and barked at it. We didn't think he paid much attention, but HE DOES!

Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 PM

285 posts, read 195,939 times
I have a dachshund, so she barks at lots of things. Strangest thing she barks at is thunder. I think she's barked at fireworks too, but not on tv like someone else posted. She barks that fierce bark when she hears thunder. Like she's going to challenge that storm lol! Guess I'm glad she's not terrified of storms like some dogs are.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,960,923 times
My Lucy barks when the phone rings.....then runs to the kitchen door to listen......

Why?

Because........ a couple of years ago a friend of mine had to come over everyday to help me pill a sick cat and he would call when he left his house to let me know he was on his way.

Now, even though this all happened nearly two years ago, Lucy still thinks her beloved "Uncle Johnny" is about to walk in the door to love her up every time the phone rings.

This is reinforced because once in awhile, he IS about to walk in the door, though not nearly as often as everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs