Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,012 times

Advertisements

cody went to play today ...we don't go alot but he needed to run and I'm not running for a while. He did great ...not a single bark. He stayed out of the drama and chased the grey hounds(which makes everyone laugh) Cody is only 20 pounds and 14 inches tall. He was zooming between the hounds legs so fast. He came and found me maybe ten times and would snuggle up to me, which is new for him. I AM HIS MOMMY!!!! I was so impressed w/ him. If there was a argument going on between dogs I would say "cody leave it" and he would go n a different direction of dogs. He's getting a little older and is more of a people then a dog dog now ...but he likes chasing!!!!!

anyways someone brought their two children ....5 dogs are running hard, all run into one kid and he falls down and gets trampled. poor kid ...stupid rents!
the same kid was asking my dog to chase him and I said he'll bite you when he chases so no go dude.

I think only trained children should be allowed in dog parks ...definitely not little boys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 PM

389 posts, read 3,538,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
cody went to play today ...we don't go alot but he needed to run and I'm not running for a while. He did great ...not a single bark. He stayed out of the drama and chased the grey hounds(which makes everyone laugh) Cody is only 20 pounds and 14 inches tall. He was zooming between the hounds legs so fast. He came and found me maybe ten times and would snuggle up to me, which is new for him. I AM HIS MOMMY!!!! I was so impressed w/ him. If there was a argument going on between dogs I would say "cody leave it" and he would go n a different direction of dogs. He's getting a little older and is more of a people then a dog dog now ...but he likes chasing!!!!!

anyways someone brought their two children ....5 dogs are running hard, all run into one kid and he falls down and gets trampled. poor kid ...stupid rents!
the same kid was asking my dog to chase him and I said he'll bite you when he chases so no go dude.

I think only trained children should be allowed in dog parks ...definitely not little boys
Dog parks are great when responsible people use them!! I used to love taking my guys when we lived up north, but I took them to two different ones down here and had a bad experience both times, so we just walk around our neighborhood for exercise now.

I love you comment about trained children I think that should be true anywhere in public!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 PM

253 posts, read 1,053,541 times
Yea Kelly I liked your comment about trained children. Has anyone seen them Maybe its trained parents not the kids.
Its so cute that Cody comes back to his momma. I remember when Sam (14 now) was about 1 yr old (we took him in as a stray with real psychological issues) I'd take him on a hiking trail and he would run ahead about 100 ft and go around the bend. Then he'd pop his head back within 2 min to make sure I was still walking towards him. He'd go romping off again and check in 2 min later. He just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to leave him alone.
Have fun with your young pup and enjoy. He's happy you're there for him and just has to check back to make sure his dream of being in heaven is real.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:28 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanwalt3 View Post
Yea Kelly I liked your comment about trained children. Has anyone seen them Maybe its trained parents not the kids.
Its so cute that Cody comes back to his momma. I remember when Sam (14 now) was about 1 yr old (we took him in as a stray with real psychological issues) I'd take him on a hiking trail and he would run ahead about 100 ft and go around the bend. Then he'd pop his head back within 2 min to make sure I was still walking towards him. He'd go romping off again and check in 2 min later. He just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to leave him alone.
Have fun with your young pup and enjoy. He's happy you're there for him and just has to check back to make sure his dream of being in heaven is real.
your sweet Nan!
Cody does the same thing. HE checks in about every 20 feet at my parents house but usually around other dogs he goes dog crazy. We think it's because he was deprived of dog interaction as a pup. He said hi to all the humans and picked a few dogs to play w/. The dogs he picked were of his breed type or running really fast(he loves a good chase)

I think the parents aren't trained!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs