U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM

1,738 posts, read 7,502,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
As far as chocolate goes, a former dog of mine once ate three entire boxes of See's candy and was fine. She slept for the whole day and snored like a pig, but she was fine.

This is the same dog that ate two whole turkey carcasses out of the trash and it didn't phase her one bit (despite the fact that everyone says bird bones are bad for dogs...)

Some dogs just have cast-iron guts I guess.
that reminds me of my collie. She stole 12 uncooked hot dogs once.
Daisy my moms dog stole a unbaked loaf of bread. My mom thought we all stole it until we saw daisy sitting all plump and glazed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 02:34 PM

253 posts, read 965,980 times
Dogs will eat the darnedst things.. When I was first married years ago we had a german shorthair (95 lbs.). I spent all day making 6 homemade apple pies, just like gramma's.
I was so beat, I laid down for a nap and less than 30 min later heard a noise in the kitchen.. OMG, Tom was almost done with his 3rd pie Thank goodness he left 3 for us, that boy loved FOOD!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanwalt3 View Post
Dogs will eat the darnedst things.. When I was first married years ago we had a german shorthair (95 lbs.). I spent all day making 6 homemade apple pies, just like gramma's.
I was so beat, I laid down for a nap and less than 30 min later heard a noise in the kitchen.. OMG, Tom was almost done with his 3rd pie Thank goodness he left 3 for us, that boy loved FOOD!
this is so funny!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:44 AM

2,238 posts, read 8,880,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
that reminds me of my collie. She stole 12 uncooked hot dogs once.
Daisy my moms dog stole a unbaked loaf of bread. My mom thought we all stole it until we saw daisy sitting all plump and glazed.
OMG! I wonder how much of a stomach ache that gave her when it continued to rise in her belly...Oh that poor dog! LOL

Reminds me of other things I've known dogs to eat. My ex husband had a Chesapeake Bay retriever for hunting. He was a great hunting dog but an absolute idiot in all other respects. I never saw such a dumb dog in my life. He'd eat anything that wasn't nailed down. One day he came walking up to me, and I saw this little green thread hanging from the corner of his mouth. I thought, oh no he's chewed up some clothes and I reached down to pull the thread off him. I pulled, and it grew longer, and I pulled some more and it got longer, and the dog starts gagging. Turns out he swallowed a whole spool of green mint dental floss and only the last bit of it was left sticking out of his mouth. He'd also eat my kids toys and then poop toy bits for days.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
OMG! I wonder how much of a stomach ache that gave her when it continued to rise in her belly...Oh that poor dog! LOL

Reminds me of other things I've known dogs to eat. My ex husband had a Chesapeake Bay retriever for hunting. He was a great hunting dog but an absolute idiot in all other respects. I never saw such a dumb dog in my life. He'd eat anything that wasn't nailed down. One day he came walking up to me, and I saw this little green thread hanging from the corner of his mouth. I thought, oh no he's chewed up some clothes and I reached down to pull the thread off him. I pulled, and it grew longer, and I pulled some more and it got longer, and the dog starts gagging. Turns out he swallowed a whole spool of green mint dental floss and only the last bit of it was left sticking out of his mouth. He'd also eat my kids toys and then poop toy bits for days.
was his breath minty fresh?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,569,199 times
Roamin - Is your dog named Hoover?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:24 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,496,587 times
guess it does go with the dog? they seem to be able to eat whatever. I heard grapes were not good? on the safe side, i would say no, glad it all worked out!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,566,990 times
My grandmother used to crochet snowflakes to put on the Christmas tree. She would make them hard by dipping them in some kind of sugar water. Well, one year our yellow lab Chelsea ate every snowflake (hook and all) that she could reach off of our tree. She was fine except the next day we had to help her "pass" them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs