U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,479,264 times

Advertisements

I was at church and the priest had his elderly small dog. It was in a soft carrier and when he did Mass he just gave it to a person it front to mind. The dog was very quiet he just did not want it home alone.

Nobody was bothered at all even at some monastery's they allow the dog to go to Mass

Old 04-12-2017, 07:17 PM

728 posts, read 427,289 times
We have this once-a-year event in the Catholic Church where all parishioners are encouraged to bring in their pets, whatever it might be, for the Blessing of the Animals.

We tried it with every dog we had and also with our Noble Macaw. Did Not Help. Not at all. None of them became an angel, and the Macaw is everything but noble, after several blessings.

On the other hand there is a nice couple always bringing in their autistic? daughter who somehow finds the most inappropriate moment to start shrieking during the Mass. You could hear it in the parking lot.

I sincerely wish that they'd leave her home and bring in a dog instead, but no matter how much I pray -- that isn't likely to happen.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:03 PM

10,955 posts, read 6,162,859 times
I wouldn't bring my dog in to a church service, he's got a big mouth. He's sassy. If anyone sings off key be prepared for some howling.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 PM

6,055 posts, read 2,789,135 times
So long as the pet can be dressed in their Sunday best, name all the saints and recite the rosary, they are welcomed at our church. Otherwise he can stay at home ..

It's bad enough that I work retail and some folks bring their pets in...In a baby carriage.
It's a nice ruse to shop lift...It's become quite the scam.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 PM

17,532 posts, read 3,980,468 times
I have never brought a dog to church.I dont think dogs need churches.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 PM

919 posts, read 325,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
Fleas are one of our concerns. By the time we find out the dog has fleas the church will too.
If your church is carpeted & the dog has fleas, then yes, it could be a concern. Just the thought of fleas makes me itch.

One would hope that an owner would show their place of worship the respect it deserves, by ensuring that their pet is squeaky clean & pest free before stepping inside.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Why bring a poor dog to a church? It is cruel enough to do that too kids.
Amusingly true. My siblings & I simply hated the long boring church services. Why any parent would inflict them on their kids is beyond my understanding. As the children of a preacher, four of his offspring developed a real aversion to church.
The only time that my siblings (bar one) & I step foot in a church these days, is for weddings & funerals.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:15 PM

989 posts, read 456,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Amusingly true. My siblings & I simply hated the long boring church services. Why any parent would inflict them on their kids is beyond my understanding. As the children of a preacher, four of his offspring developed a real aversion to church.
The only time that my siblings (bar one) & I step foot in a church these days, is for weddings & funerals.
Kids and animals should not be subjected to stuff like that it is just wrong. Sorry you had to deal with that as a kid

Old 04-23-2017, 07:27 PM

902 posts, read 522,038 times
I attend a church sunday school class which lasts for over an hour. The room has a large circle of chairs. One woman started attending recently and she keeps her tiny dog in a tote bag. Occasionally the poor dog will poke his head out but to my surprise the dog doesn't make any noise. I feel so bad for the dog and think it's ridiculous that she has to bring him. Unless it's a service dog leave it at home.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Kids and animals should not be subjected to stuff like that it is just wrong. Sorry you had to deal with that as a kid
That's kind of you to say but really, church services, daily bible & prayer sessions was the least of the abuse through my childhood (It never ceases to confound me why so many Christian parents would think that 'God' condones/agrees/commands the use of violence against children)
I see life as a journey of learning, where we take our realisations with us into our next lives. My childhood indoctrination actually gave me what I needed to confront it once & for all time. Good often comes from bad.
Long story short, I'll never fall for any man-made religion again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or