U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2017, 03:04 PM
 
Location: North State (California)
38,490 posts, read 2,910,069 times
Reputation: 12516

Advertisements

Slightly off topic, but I almost hit a dog in the grocery store yesterday, he was very small, & on a leash, but blended in with the color of the floor, ( I have poor vision), Plus the grocery cart extends out a ways, I don't really think they should bring a dog into a crowded grocery store, unless it is a seeing eye dog. I understand it is legal, but is seems slightly hazardous to the pet.

 
Old 05-07-2017, 06:35 PM
 
994 posts, read 458,541 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
The humans in this particular church are very respectful of the building.
I find that hard to believe
 
Old 05-07-2017, 08:28 PM
 
483 posts, read 488,088 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Slightly off topic, but I almost hit a dog in the grocery store yesterday, he was very small, & on a leash, but blended in with the color of the floor, ( I have poor vision), Plus the grocery cart extends out a ways, I don't really think they should bring a dog into a crowded grocery store, unless it is a seeing eye dog. I understand it is legal, but is seems slightly hazardous to the pet.
I agree, no pets in grocery stores unless they are legit service dogs.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 08:31 PM
 
994 posts, read 458,541 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
I agree, no pets in grocery stores unless they are legit service dogs.
Why not dogs act better in stores than most human animals. And it is dangerous for kids who I have seen get hit as they run around the stores screaming and getting in the way.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 08:54 PM
 
483 posts, read 488,088 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Why not dogs act better in stores than most human animals. And it is dangerous for kids who I have seen get hit as they run around the stores screaming and getting in the way.

Why do people want to take their pets with them every where they go? When did this become acceptable behavior?
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:00 PM
 
5,337 posts, read 2,768,734 times
Reputation: 9914
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Why not dogs act better in stores than most human animals. And it is dangerous for kids who I have seen get hit as they run around the stores screaming and getting in the way.
The fact that some kids behave worse than some dogs does not make it acceptable to take dogs everywhere.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 PM
 
994 posts, read 458,541 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
Why do people want to take their pets with them every where they go? When did this become acceptable behavior?
Why not? Why do you hate non-human animals?
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 PM
 
483 posts, read 488,088 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
Why not? Why do you hate non-human animals?
Don't hate animals. We have had dogs, horses, cows, turtles, fish, gerbils and even a chipmunk as pets. Just don't like my food sitting in grocery carts where they have been. (I see people putting them in the shopping carts where children sit.) Never once in my life have I had the desire to take them shopping or to church with me.
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:55 PM
 
994 posts, read 458,541 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
Why is it ok? Why do people take their pet everywhere?
Pets are family why not take them?
 
Old 05-07-2017, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Corona
10,066 posts, read 13,963,965 times
Reputation: 8902
Very disrespectful unless it's a true service dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top