Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,820 times

Advertisements

I won't let mine pee on flowers, and if somebody has a really nicely manicured lawn I'll keep them off of that also. But otherwise it's not usually a problem. There is one woman who doesn't like the dogs on her grass, and I respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 04:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
I just have to tell this story!!!! Lived in a condo for a while, downstairs unit. One of the women above me was retired and had an old dog. instead of taking him to walk, she would just open her door and hold his leash and let him pee on the "walk" - wh/ was made of deck boards (all cedar balconies, walkways, stairs, etc).

The first time this happened, I came home and "water" was dripping from the boards above me. Then I realized . . .it was not water!!!! I thought - ok - someone had an accident!

But next day . . . same thing . . .

I would come home and pee would be dripping down right where we all had to walk into the condo. So every evening, I would get out of my car . . . w/ my umbrella . . .

<After about 6 phone calls to the HOA president, the owner made other arrangements to have someone walk her dog. >

Last edited by brokensky; 03-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: add info; misspell

Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,755 times
I wish i were smart enough not to post....(where did this addiction come from?) I am a dog lover... I live in the woods and had to have my dog "Harley" go live w/ my son in the city because of a run in with a "neighbor". But, I digress, The point is, several have said peeing on bushes is ok.. This is very detrimental to the bush. If you have neighbors with a "manicured lawn" they will notice the browning out of bush leaves and grass due to excess nitrogen. Bless you all and your therapy dogs!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,217 times
Get a used artificial leg and carry that with ya.. I have no problem with peeing on my lawn as long if take a dump they pick it up as I have my dogs kenneled and not want nobody else pooping there either..
Even when tracking sessions we watch as if in public areas pick all up if in woods well coyotes and such do it all the time so no problem.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
I think it's okay. As Wordsmith said, it's not the healthiest thing for the bushes, but your dog needs to go somewhere.

As long as the dog doesn't trample through the bedding, I don't mind if someone's dog pees on my plants. It's when they let their dog walk up onto my yard, walk through my plantings.....these things get on my nerves.

You might want to carry a bottle of water with you to dilute the pee if your dog leaves a steady stream in one spot...that would help the bushes out some.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 PM

69 posts, read 251,274 times
I think the bottom line on dogs and doing their business is just to be considerate of others and their property. I'm just thankful for leash laws. When I was growing up in a suburb in the midwest, the dogs just ran loose in the neighborhood. OK for country life, not OK for city life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs