Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times

Advertisements

Stick your hand in a dog fight, and you deserve what you get. She's a psycho. Get a lawyer on retainer (insurance may provide one) and don't respond to anything that isn't certified mail.

Total BS. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:27 AM

17 posts, read 13,363 times
I am a single mom with a special needs daughter. I can only work part time because of her care...so we live pay check to paycheck. A lawyer would be next to impossible to retain. I rent so there is no home owner's insurance. This whole thing is just a disaster. I just wanted to let my dog run around and fetch a few balls one night...how did I end up here? *sigh*

Old 05-16-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Stick your hand in a dog fight, and you deserve what you get. She's a psycho. Get a lawyer on retainer (insurance may provide one) and don't respond to anything that isn't certified mail.

Total BS. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
Thanks...everyone is so supportive and helpful. I really appreciate it!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yes, I would go back to the dog park and take pictures of the woman and her dog. (Without my dog.) Tell her LOUDLY in front of the crowd, maybe even call everyone around and say I have an announcement to make. Tell everyone that this woman has filed a lawsuit against me because she had her dog attack my dog, and she tried to get in between them on purpose. Tell them I already talked to the police officer that was the first responder "last Saturday" or whenever it was, and he recognized her, and is prepared to stand up in court as a witness, and has anyone here ever been sued by this woman? I'd even have a friend standing by to video it.

Then I'd post it on the dog park's social media site and share it to every local public site I could find. I would shame her so badly she wouldn't ever come to another dog park again.

You know what, I'm p*ssed off about this. DM me if you want. I will help you.
Thanks Convextech! Wish you could help. I would never be able to do the above though...and it probably would make it worse.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Who owns the dog park? Is it the city? I'd call them for help.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:16 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonks01 View Post
I am a single mom with a special needs daughter. I can only work part time because of her care...so we live pay check to paycheck. A lawyer would be next to impossible to retain. I rent so there is no home owner's insurance. This whole thing is just a disaster. I just wanted to let my dog run around and fetch a few balls one night...how did I end up here? *sigh*
I'm wondering if you could contact the officer that wrote up the report and fill him in on the back story.

Let me see if I have this straight: the woman approached you and initiated contact with you and your dog, and then started throwing a ball and playing with your dog. Her dog became aggressive toward your dog and you gained control of your dog, whereas she attempted to maintain control of both dogs and was bitten in the process. Is this correct? Because this should be on the report. It should be clear on the report that her dog was the aggressor, and that you had immediate and full control of your dog. I would contest the report if it does not show that.

Also, I would very strongly recommend getting in touch with the original police officer, telling him the back story, and asking what can be done. Let him know the whole story and ask him what he meant that she's involved in other issues at the park. I would follow up with your conversation with him in writing, e-mail, whatever, as this woman seems to be a troublemaker and it's only a matter of time before she does it again. I'd fight back with all you can. If it looks on the outside like you are just trying to skirt this issue, it may validate her position more in their eyes.

What is the breed and/or weight of her dog and yours?

Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
I'm wondering if you could contact the officer that wrote up the report and fill him in on the back story.

Let me see if I have this straight: the woman approached you and initiated contact with you and your dog, and then started throwing a ball and playing with your dog. Her dog became aggressive toward your dog and you gained control of your dog, whereas she attempted to maintain control of both dogs and was bitten in the process. Is this correct? Because this should be on the report. It should be clear on the report that her dog was the aggressor, and that you had immediate and full control of your dog. I would contest the report if it does not show that.

Also, I would very strongly recommend getting in touch with the original police officer, telling him the back story, and asking what can be done. Let him know the whole story and ask him what he meant that she's involved in other issues at the park. I would follow up with your conversation with him in writing, e-mail, whatever, as this woman seems to be a troublemaker and it's only a matter of time before she does it again. I'd fight back with all you can. If it looks on the outside like you are just trying to skirt this issue, it may validate her position more in their eyes.

What is the breed and/or weight of her dog and yours?
I definitely could have been more emphatic in my report...I hope it doesn't appear that I am skirting the issue. If my dog was at fault I would definitely do all I can to make ammends. But I truly feel That she was at fault for and she and her dog caused the whole thing. My dog is a 70 pound flat coat retriever. Her dog was some kind of lab mix. Not sure of the weight but not much smaller than mine.
Your above account is correct...but it did not state it so clearly in the report.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:39 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,652 times
I would ask if the report could be amended and if not I would type up your version of the incident and ask if it could be attached. I would also very carefully and clearly type up some version of the incident and if you have a friend who is an attorney, ask if you could have a few copies on legal letterhead. If not, find an inexpensive way to have it on legal letterhead, get it notarized, whatever you have to do but I would find a way to document exactly what happened as officially as possible and as fast as possible. The next time her attorney contacts you, say nothing him/her and ask for a fax number, and fax it to her attorney, or send it by certified mail. I'd double down on this one right away, they might back off if you do.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:53 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Definitely sounds like this woman intentionally created a scenario to get money. Why would someone play with your dog while their own dog stands by and watches.? I would be very careful about saying anything more about this without legal assistance.

Are they corresponding with you via certified or regular mail?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:26 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smonks01 View Post
I definitely could have been more emphatic in my report...I hope it doesn't appear that I am skirting the issue. If my dog was at fault I would definitely do all I can to make ammends. But I truly feel That she was at fault for and she and her dog caused the whole thing. My dog is a 70 pound flat coat retriever. Her dog was some kind of lab mix. Not sure of the weight but not much smaller than mine.
Your above account is correct...but it did not state it so clearly in the report.
Just curious, how did you come to talk to this guy? Did you call him from the letter?

Unless you get something from court, she hasn't done anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs