U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:05 PM

13,369 posts, read 6,610,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You've talked yourself into such a large circle, you seem to have forgotten what you said:

Here you are saying that you don't care who is in charge, you will do whatever it takes to get your way.
No, what I said was I do not care what the crazy people think. I never said I would do whatever it takes to get my way. I could take the REALLY easy route and slap a BS service dog tag on her but I am not going to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Did you forget about this, too?
I did not. Everyone is assuming rather than just sticking to the topic. What if I have every condition there is to have to be eligible for an ESA? I didn't ask if y'all think I qualify for one. I asked about ESAs vs HOA rules.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:08 PM

16,722 posts, read 14,615,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Everyone is assuming rather than just sticking to the topic. What if I have every condition there is to have to be eligible for an ESA?
We're not stupid.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
We're not stupid.
And some people come to this forum specifically to pick on OPs instead of either helping them or leaving the thread alone.

I suppose the drama over whether I qualify and if I'm thinking of doing something bad is more fun than answering a simple question if one knows the answer.

But, I think I have my answer. Community property is not 'public accommodation', so if an ESA is allowed she can also walk around and potty. She just cannot go where dogs are not allowed like the pool area, only a service dog could.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:17 PM

16,722 posts, read 14,615,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I suppose the drama over whether I qualify and if I'm thinking of doing something bad is more fun than answering a simple question if one knows the answer.
Actually, I don't care about the drama at all. I simply think it's wrong that instead of moving to accommodate your dog, you are planning on jumping through hoops that were put in place so that people who genuinely need service and/or support dogs could have them.

I do, however, realize that this is a pointless discussion, so all I can do at this point is simply hope that Karma shows up at the appropriate time.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Actually, I don't care about the drama at all. I simply think it's wrong that instead of moving to accommodate your dog, you are planning on jumping through hoops that were put in place so that people who genuinely need service and/or support dogs could have them.

I do, however, realize that this is a pointless discussion, so all I can do at this point is simply hope that Karma shows up at the appropriate time.
Yes, the discussion you are having is pointless. I didn't say whether I qualify for one or ask about qualifying. I asked about HOA size restrictions vs ESA rules.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:34 PM

1,465 posts, read 887,279 times
But the question about whether you qualify for needing/having an emotional support dog is crucial to the question. This is a forum where most of the responders care about dogs. The usage of dogs as credentialed emotional support and service animals is fairly new (as opposed to guide dogs, who have been around for decades). Fraudulent claims, such as you seem to be proposing to initiate (since you do not mention the dog having qualified/trained as an emotional support dog, or your meeting whatever the medical and legal criteria for needing an emotional support dog is) puts the valid usage of emotional support dogs and service dogs up to public ridicule and ultimately, jeopardy.

Even if you succeed in having this dog declared (by what means, I don't know) your emotional support dog; I would think that if/when the enforcement of your HOA canine weight limit occurs, some members of the HOA might observe that your need and use of an ESA began at the time that the enforcement of the weight limit began.

I don't understand why you are so adverse to the concept of either rehoming the dog or finding a new place to live where there is no weight limit or a higher weight limit for dog. From what I can tell of your posts, you are contemplating fraud in presenting the dog as an ESA, which might include pretending that you have a serious condition that you do not actually have. It would be so much better to try to find a new place to live - why not devote some serious time to it?

Old 06-21-2017, 04:22 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,953,306 times
Hud document: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/doc...heo2013-01.pdf

Only the OP can actually determine her particular situation, since it sounds complicated. I certainly wouldn't be making enemies of the HOA board, but then, that's just me I guess.

The ranting about the HOA, it just seems OP is not a fit and the dog and/or OP might do better elsewhere without the drama.

OP, when you put yourself out there, especially since it sort of appears you are just looking for a way to beat the system the HOA has, you can expect advice on your situation, more so on what is best for your dog considering the area of the forum this is in.

Go through the attached link and decide where you stand when it comes to ESA. Looks like you will need a "prescription" provided from your medical provider and they can ask to see it which is great and should at least help curb cheaters, not saying you are one, but the cheaters need to be dealt with.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
But the question about whether you qualify for needing/having an emotional support dog is crucial to the question. This is a forum where most of the responders care about dogs. The usage of dogs as credentialed emotional support and service animals is fairly new (as opposed to guide dogs, who have been around for decades). Fraudulent claims, such as you seem to be proposing to initiate (since you do not mention the dog having qualified/trained as an emotional support dog, or your meeting whatever the medical and legal criteria for needing an emotional support dog is) puts the valid usage of emotional support dogs and service dogs up to public ridicule and ultimately, jeopardy.

Even if you succeed in having this dog declared (by what means, I don't know) your emotional support dog; I would think that if/when the enforcement of your HOA canine weight limit occurs, some members of the HOA might observe that your need and use of an ESA began at the time that the enforcement of the weight limit began.

I don't understand why you are so adverse to the concept of either rehoming the dog or finding a new place to live where there is no weight limit or a higher weight limit for dog. From what I can tell of your posts, you are contemplating fraud in presenting the dog as an ESA, which might include pretending that you have a serious condition that you do not actually have. It would be so much better to try to find a new place to live - why not devote some serious time to it?
I think you have some things muddled between service dogs and ESAs. A hamster can be an ESA. It's not anywhere as close to the same as a service animal. (But a miniature horse as a service animal is a fun idea!)

Old 06-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Hud document: https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/doc...heo2013-01.pdf

Only the OP can actually determine her particular situation, since it sounds complicated. I certainly wouldn't be making enemies of the HOA board, but then, that's just me I guess.

The ranting about the HOA, it just seems OP is not a fit and the dog and/or OP might do better elsewhere without the drama.

OP, when you put yourself out there, especially since it sort of appears you are just looking for a way to beat the system the HOA has, you can expect advice on your situation, more so on what is best for your dog considering the area of the forum this is in.

Go through the attached link and decide where you stand when it comes to ESA. Looks like you will need a "prescription" provided from your medical provider and they can ask to see it which is great and should at least help curb cheaters, not saying you are one, but the cheaters need to be dealt with.
I've been here 13 years and am a great fit. The loony-toons who might end up on the board are not a good fit. They have forged proxies, gotten them by threats, and all kinds of insanity I will not even type here. Well, I'll tell one: they actually cut the water lines to some new grass that had been placed around. Hoping it would die and reflect badly on the current board, I guess. and much worse. They. are. crazy. Call it ranting if you want. I am just stating facts. I have stayed out of the HOA drama here all these years. I walk around with my dog and listen to everyone and just nod my head. I don't get involved. Well, I was involved with non-crazy people on the dog rules committee some years back. I was unable to prevail on lifting the size restriction but ceasing enforcement was good, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs