Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:24 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,288,477 times

Advertisements

I'm having the day from hell. On my way home round about noon I was pulled over by the police who said I had no brake lights. I told the officer I was just a few blocks from my home and that I had no idea that my lights were out (both lights were out) and I would NEVER DRIVE with no brake lights and told him I would drive it home and get the brake lights fixed right outside my home. He said boo hoo, I said how was I to know. He said I ought to check my lights before I get into the car. I said b***s**t who checks their break lights before they get into a car. He said I do. That's when I wanted to slap the pathetic SOB. Actually I wanted to do worse but that would get me arrested and a whole lotta time in the clinger.

I didn't mention that before I left home round about 10:15 am I couldn't find my house keys but because I HAD to leave, I left with my front door closed but not locked. I picked up a spare key from my sister at her office and then headed for home (just 15 mins from whre I live) ...that's when I got stopped just a few blocks away from home.

Entered house just to find that a DVD I had ordered on Line had been delivered and my dogs had torn the package open, opened the case and had started chewing on one of the DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there were two DVDs...4 different movies, even though I only ordered one. Luckily the one I wanted is ok, but I am still really mad at them

Anyone else have days when you don't like your dogs.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, no time to check gonna have dinner and a stif drink. (I'm in London so there is a time difference).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,093,810 times
Sounds like to me YOU are having a bad Day & are Taking it out on the DOGS. Much like husbands that come home & beat on their wives. YOU need Help! And your dogs need new homes where they wont be targets!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,374,886 times
Sorry you had a bad day BUT, I can, in all honesty say I am never mad at my dog. It is the the complete opposite - when I am having a bad day, I come home to unconditional love/affection and licks. It's the perfect cure for a crappy day - easily turns my scowl into a huge smile.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,833,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Sounds like to me YOU are having a bad Day & are Taking it out on the DOGS. Much like husbands that come home & beat on their wives. YOU need Help! And your dogs need new homes where they wont be targets!
She's had a bad day, Katie, and it's perfectly understandable under the circumstances she would be upset at the dog for chewing on the DVDs. She didn't say she kicked or hurt the dog in any way or anything so I think that comparing her to a wife-beater is really way off. Let's not over-react and be so judgmental. It's exactly how flame wars start here.

Last edited by BagongBuhay; 09-08-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 PM

960 posts, read 1,675,057 times
Angry? Nope. Fustrated? On a rare occasion. But my dog is the apple of my eye and I couldn't want for a better dog. She picks me up when I have a rotten day like you just experienced. Give your dogs a hug, play with them for a bit, and put the crappy day behind you. Remember, dogs do what comes naturally, policemen (humans) do whatever they desire.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,353,133 times
I was mad at my dog when he ate my beer kigs, but quickly turned that anger around on hte UPS delivery lady cause their was a stick on it saying do not leave outside :S

I check my break lights before I ride,, on both the car and the bikes.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,253,057 times
sorry your having a bad day!
I was very frustrated w/ our guy when we first got him. I disliked him very much and anyone would BUUTTTT nooowwwwwwwww
I'm such a sucker for him now that when he does something bad I love him more ...he trained me

Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 PM

35,932 posts, read 30,474,370 times
I get mad at my dogs sometimes. The last time was when I found Tahlulla curled up on my bed right after I had washed the bedding. She is not allowed on my bed. She had just been for a swim in the pond so she was wet and muddy and she has a utopic uretera so she dribbles pee, especially when she sleeps. I have had dogs I didnt particularly like. I never check my brake lights. I always wait for a neighbor or cop to tell me they are not working. LOL. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM

113 posts, read 561,601 times
I love my dog, and would never hurt her. But do I sometimes get angry? Yes, I do. Those of you that have human kids, don't you love them more than anything but still get mad at them sometimes? Thought so.

She's like my child, and while I would do anything for her, she still does anger me sometimes -- like this morning, when she started barking at 6am while I was sleeping because the people next door were moving. She doesn't bark much, all things considered, but at 6am, I wasn't thinking "oh, she's usually a great dog!" I was thinking "shut up shut up shut up shut up!"

As I said, I love Chloe, and when I've had a bad day at work, nothing cheers me up more than to come home and see her happy face and her tail wagging at me. I've never smacked her, nor would I. But to say that anyone who gets mad at their dog is a bad pet parent would be to say that anyone who gets mad at their five year old is a bad parent in general. Anger happens, it's just ACTING on it that's the problem.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,752,447 times
Yup I do too sometimes. Not very often but sometimes his licking gets frustrating. I know labs like to lick but this boy has a licking disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs