Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,122 times

Advertisements

Not recently no.... someone did but that was long time ago so I don't think him suddenly trying to tell me something has to do with that but I know what your saying and have heard that... I am worried because he was acting as a sort of messenger, not once but two separate times two hours apart and when he was sitting there he was making eye contact intently as if he was trying to tell me something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Usually my dog sleeps all thru the night in the other room in his doggy bed...always. Last night I was awakened to find him standing in the doorway of my room staring at me, he didn't have to go and there was no food left out, he didn't appear to be in any pain or anything like that-- he just for some reason in middle of night got up to come and stare at me. I called him over and he wagged his tail then just walked back and went to lay down in his bed. About two hours later while it was only about 5 am still dark out, I had been laying there awake for a short bit and out of the corner of my eye I saw him AGAIN appear standing there just staring at me. I got up and petted and talked to him, he just looked and wagged his tail , again I know him really well and he didn't have to go, and he wasn't in pain or feeling sick or even anxious-- he just simply felt the need to get up twice in middle of night to come and stand there staring at me. It kind of worried me what is he sensing since I'm aware dogs can smell or sense things we can't. Does anyone really think it's possible (like I'm trying to hope) that he randomly after years of always staying in bed all night just got up to come see me for no real reason? Any thoughts or has your dog ever acted in a similar way?
Years ago I was going through a divorce. My dane/rigback female started popping open my backdoor in the middle of the night and coming into my bedroom to check on me. The first time it sort of startled me....a cold wet nose planted right on my face while I was asleep. It didn't take a moment to figure out that she was simply checking on me..and I loved her for it. She did that every night.

Dogs worry. You should follow your intuition on this. I see that you've scheduled a medical check-up. I hope everything is ok.

Have you thought of moving his bed to your room, so that he knows that you are ok. It might help both of you sleep better.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
I wish OP would come back and tell us if she is alright or if we and the dog were right that she has something . Not wishing it on her would just like to know if she is okay .,

Old 08-19-2017, 09:28 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,122 times
My dog hasn't done it again,.. and I went to the doctor but it was not conclusive yet because he did a couple tests that no results came back that quickly. I don't know for certain what he was trying to tell me but I am not dismissing it, knowing what I know of dogs and how much that deviates from his usual pattern of behavior and the fact he made a point of coming in to visit or basically sit and stare at me not once, but twice.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
I slept at my sister's house on her couch one time and woke up in the middle of the night to find her Husky staring at me from about 10 feet away. I called him over but her just sat there staring at me. It was creepy but I figured I might have been sleeping in his bed.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,582,849 times
Growing up we had a dog that checked every bedroom during the night and would stand in the doorway looking in.My mom happened to catch him doing it a couple times.Unless you are awake all night every night how do you know it is not part of the dogs routine and that night you just happened to catch it?

Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,527,939 times
Guess you now know that you snore, and sometimes loudly. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs