Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:58 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times

Advertisements

My GSDs will chase cats, not so much little dogs unless they are provoked. When we had a cat, it was a different story, while they would occasionally harassed the cat, they recognized her as a member of the family and I'd often find the three of them laying in the yard together. My boy, Buddy, really wanted to be pals with the cat and would often try to snuggle up next to her, even rest his head on her, at least try, the cat wasn't very receptive.

Thank you for considering this dog, I hope it works out somehow that she gets a good home. There are ways you can introduce them slowly, using pet/baby gates to separate them but still allow them so see, smell and notice each other. With a little time the new dog SHOULD accept the new situation and pack, but every situation is different. Regular trips to the dog park really help mine with being more social around people and other dogs.

Good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs