Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,584,576 times

Advertisements

Some of you may know Dazzle is known to be quite a drama queen, I think his title is Drama Queen Elite.

Yesterday I learned a few things thanks to the drama queen. Sight hounds are not as delicate as they look and human beds have hidden dangers for dogs.

I have a wrought iron bed with a head board and foot board. Dazzle went to jump up on it to take a nap but jumped too close to the foot board so caught his hind leg between the mattress and the foot board behind the bed frame so he fell to the floor with his leg stuck in the bed frame. He was screaming like some one was killing him and when I went to lift him out I was thinking he might have a broken leg as it was at a weird angle. Happy to say that after very very much cuddling his leg appears to be ok. His legs are long toothpicks so I have always figured they could break easily but thankfully he must have strong bones .

He has since then been on two long walks so yeah I am sure the leg is fine. He was very shaken up by his misfortunate accident and it did take quite awhile for him to not want to be cuddled by me but this AM the trauma is behind him and he is back to being his crazy self. Such a rough dangerous life my boy leads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 07:35 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,938 times
Poor baby! So scary to be attacked by that mean bed!

Old 11-11-2017, 07:59 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,880 times
Awww, I'm glad he's okay. I'm sure being cuddled helped him feel a lot better!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:05 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
How scary! I wonder how he reacted the next time he wanted to jump on the bed -- was he nervous about it at al?

Just a thought here -- I have dobermans and, over the years, some of them have fallen or caught their rear leg as they jumped up into my car. They always seemed to be just fine but, as they aged, they all got arthritis (or something that looked like it and caused them to limp on that leg) in that very stifle (knee) joint. In fact, for all but one dog, that arthritc stifle joint was the only reason they needed daily Rimadyl.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,584,576 times
Dazzle did not act at all nervous to get back up on the bed when we went to bed that night. All the cuddling he got seems to have fixed everything. When he was younger a couple times as he was running around the dog park he got a front leg caught in a gopher hole and sat with his paw in the air screaming so everyone thought he had a broken leg but some cuddles got him up and moving and all was fine. Back then we also had a Rotti that came to the park and for what ever reason when he saw Daz he would run and crash into Dazzle's side in other words T- bone him and race off happy with himself while Dazzle would be knocked on the ground screaming. Cuddles fixed him then too.

The Rotti's owner did nothing to prevent her dog from doing this and Daz acted afraid of the dog so one day we went to the leash free beach instead just to give Daz a break and suddenly out of no where comes a Rotti that T bones Daz and knocks him over.... I looked around and sure enough there was the owner Shortly after that incident they quit coming to the park so my drama queen had no more Rotti drama. For such a thin delicate looking dog he is built strong thus he wears his superman collar

Old 11-11-2017, 04:04 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
Time for a Dog Friendly bed! Glad he is ok. Get a few Body pillows till you get another bed.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:26 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,986,878 times
Awww, I am glad Dazzle survived his scary encounter with the bed frame!

Old 11-12-2017, 04:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
I'm glad he's okay. I had a cat break a leg years ago, when her foot slipped between the bars on a wire dog crate, and she tried to jump off without first freeing her paw. I felt horrible for having overlooked this potential danger. Ever since then, when I get a crate, I get two crate pads: one for inside, and one for on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs