U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM

9,353 posts, read 18,119,361 times

Advertisements

oh, he DOES look like a happy boy in those dog park pictures......

it truly is the simple things in life for our dogs....... something that a lot of us humans would do well to remember......

bless his and your hearts......
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM

17,336 posts, read 29,203,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Yes his left eye was swollen shut but when you see the photos of him on his last trip to the dog park he seems to have a big grin on his face as if saying " life is good". These are photos of him hunting Gophers and the first one is afterwards so that stuff on his tongue was dirt as he had his nose down the gopher hole and was grabbing chunks of dirt to speed up his digging to get the gopher which he never did get. Oh well it was fun .

R.I.P. My little buddy and yes life is good. Jan

Yes, life is good with that big grin. RIP indeed. Sigh... There was a lot to give thanks for, Jan.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM

2,339 posts, read 3,349,315 times
We've been on an extended road trip and pretty much out of internet coverage except for some quick email retrievals and I'm so sorry to read that in the 6 or so weeks that I have been gone that there have been more losses and more additions to the roster of sick dogs. This is a hard place to find oneself and a hard battle for our beloved pets but the support here helps when even competent veterinary services can't meet the challenge of a nasal cancer diagnosis. Thanks to all for that support somewhat belatedly.

We have hard times now and then missing Ginger. My husband dreamt about her and woke up crying last week. She is gone but she certainly is not forgotten. We both and her sister Pepper miss her funny little ways.

My condolences to Emmitt's and Ziggy's families and thanks Jan for continuing to post though sweet Dash is gone too. All I can say is, "Go Scout!" another Energizer Bunny hope inspiring dog.

Best to you all and as Happy Holidays as can be had under the circumstances.

Cathy aka Ginger's mom

Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 PM

129 posts, read 454,594 times
How are all the doggies out there holding up?

Scout's had two chemotherapy treatments with carboplatin and, for the most part, feels like a million bucks. If it weren't for his hairless half of a face, you'd never know anything was wrong with him. I'm hoping the rest of you and your dogs are hanging in there.

Erica

Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 PM

104 posts, read 436,713 times
tillie continues to hang in there, coping with her poor sight beyond what one would expect. she still chases tennis balls - more by hearing where they bounce now than by seeing them, i suspect, but she is undeterred. doesn't use the doggie door anymore and has trepidation getting in and out of the car but she is adapting. the cooler weather here in southern california (i know - you real winter people have no empathy) has really agreed with her. for the past few months she has had less sneezing, no panting, just a higher level of comfort. will keep everyone posted.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 PM

4,922 posts, read 11,226,013 times
I am always happy to hear that Scout and Tillie are doing well and hope to keep hearing so for a long time to come. Jan

Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM

129 posts, read 454,594 times
I'm so glad to hear about Tillie!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:38 AM

15 posts, read 52,431 times
I am so glad to hear about Scout and Tillie. Sage is doing good too. He has not had another chemo treatment (issues with our vet), but does not seem to be changing. He is still playing and laying around like usual. We put him back on the doxycycline to help with this mucus and that seems to be helping. So right now he is on fish oil, shark cartilage, proxicam, and doxycycline. He is at his 3 month mark from his initial dr. appointment. I am so thankful that he is still with us and doing well.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:44 PM

104 posts, read 436,713 times
Default jan, re: a bump on tillie's head

i noticed a small bump a few days ago, over her left eye. i'm wondering if dash's swelling started above or below his eye before continuing to grow so as to keep his eye from opening. i'm not convinced that this is what is happening to tillie but there is no reason to think it isn't what is happening. thanks. happy new year to all.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:12 PM

4,922 posts, read 11,226,013 times
Dash's swelling began in Feb and was under the left inside corner of his eye as you can see in the first photo. It stayed that way for about 2 months.I thought it was infection but Dr. Ayl said it was probably the cancer and that within days or a week it would be huge and I would loose him. Thus I began my search for what is now Dazzle thinking I only had a week or two left with Dash.

Then in May it started growing more into a " C" around and above that corner of his eye that you can see in the 2nd photo and the eye started to be pushed closed. That photo was 5 days before the 3rd one . The 3rd one was after he had started antibiotics as the swelling did go back down and not bother the eye as much but then it did return and formed not quite a complete donut looking swelling around his eye.
As I found out in the end most of that swelling was infection as it was a huge pocket of pus and rotten tissue. Very gross

Dash's cancer was in the sinus under the left eye when we found it and that is where he got the radiation. Had it been in the upper sinus above the eye the swelling probably would have started there.

I can only pray that this is not what is going on with Tillie as I have been so very happy to hear her updates and had hoped with all that you have done for her that maybe just maybe she would beat this thing. I will keep her in my prayers along with the others still caught in this battle.

Christmas was a bit weird not having Dash joining Jazz in the excitement of gifts as the two of them were like toddlers full of excitement when gifts were opened. This year it was just the crazy old lady Jazz and she was so excited and worked up I was really afraid the old girl might have a heart attack. she kept poor Dazzle out of the room by rushing at him growling any time he so much as looked in the room! She thought the gifts that friends had dropped off for the dogs were all hers and had spent the previous week counting them daily! Crazy,Greedy old dog.

Hope seeing the photos of my nasal cancer poster dog again help anyone that may reach this point in the cancer.I hope the new year is good to everyone as I know I could use a good year for a change. Jan

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs