Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 08:29 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well, that accusation would be a first.

No, I am not. I do, however, try to keep things that could be harmful to my pets out of reach.
TRY is the operant word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 08:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
TRY is the operant word
*sigh*

I was really not trying to start an argument, which is why I included a winking emoji in my first post. But...if you really want to go there, leaving chocolate and raisins, both of which are toxic to pets, out on the counter when you have a cat and a puppy, is not TRYING very hard.

With that, I withdraw from this conversation.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:54 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Everything can be put away out of the dog’s reach, but cats can get at things high away from the dog. Unless you have every little thing in your house in a sealed container, you can expect that either pet will eventually find it an leave it for the other one.

Toys that the cat plays with are totally inappropriate for a lab who will chew them apart and swallow them. The cat would never do that. This includes mice and other rodents that the cat caught

And so you will find things in your dog’s mouth that you have no idea how they got. And if you live out in the country where you head with wood in the winter, lots of stuff that the dog can and should not chew on will be in the house. There is literally nothing you can do about this. And if you have a dog and a cat.....oh golly.
my cat's toys are in a room with a baby gate at the door so the dogs can't get in. Easy enough.

I don't have mice or other rodents. Do you?? I don't allow my cats outdoors where they could get hurt, poisoned, stolen or cause problems in other's yards.

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. No problems. No issues.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:38 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
It was supposed to be a humorous post. Why are people so just plain freaking serious?

Is there no humor anywhere left? I give up---more people to add to my ignore list.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,851 times
I never knew that chocolates and raisins can kill a puppy. But I'm sure the cat was innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs