Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,681,366 times

Advertisements

For those that kept up with the Olympics in South Korea and the closing down of a dog meat facility. . . Beemo was one pup that was rescued from there and adopted by Gus Kenworthy. Beemo, such a beautiful gorgeous girl and so full of personality. She had such a sort life but her story touched so many. I thought I'd share.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQzgGBg...y=guskenworthy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQz5qlA...ken-by=mwilkas

https://www.instagram.com/beemopup/?hl=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 09:19 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,514,608 times
Awe, how sad. No one knows how much it hurts until you lose a beloved pet. The make our lives complete and the loss is profound.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:02 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,986,182 times
I'm not on Instagram, so can't see his posts..... only the photos of that adorable dog with her adorable humans......

What happened??

Old 06-04-2018, 04:48 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,979,215 times
instagram, from guskenworthy:
Quote:
Two days ago my beautiful baby Beemo passed away. It was completely unexpected and Matt and I are beside ourselves trying to cope with her loss. For a week or so we'd been worrying because she was showing less and less interest in her food. There were several trips to the vet and on our final visit this past Thursday I asked them do a full body scan in case there was an underlying issue they had missed. Beemo went into a panic attack during the x-rays and her breathing became rapid and shallow. The scan revealed that her lungs were deteriorated and that her heart was too big for her body - a birth defect we had no way of knowing about. Unable to treat her there, I rushed her to the emergency vet where a breathing tube was put down her throat. They hoped that with a respirator breathing for her they could get her vitals back to a normal level so she could be treated but they were never able to do so. The past two days have been a blur. It all happened so fast that it's still hard to believe it. The ER doc told us that even if we'd somehow spotted the issue earlier it wouldn't have made a difference in the end. He said that she'd been living on "borrowed time" from the get go. Beemo was truly the best thing that ever happened to me and I feel so fortunate for our borrowed time together. I've never loved anything or anyone in the way that I loved that dog and she is and will always be deeply missed. She was so smart and playful. She brought so much happiness to so many people every single day. I'll always remember being out on a walk with her and every other second she would get stopped by someone wanting to pet her, kneel down and kiss her, hold her in their arms or take a photo and on many occasions a crowd of people would have formed around her. That was her power: she made people smile. She was the kindest, most gentle soul I've ever known. She loved people. She loved birds and the snow. She loved me and Matt. But most of all she loved meeting other dogs. If any of you have pets up in doggy heaven please tell them to go find Bee because she could really use a good play date right now. RIP sweet creature - your daddy loves you more than you could ever even know!

Old 06-05-2018, 10:14 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,681,366 times
Beemo brought awareness to a 'farm' raising dogs for meat in South Korea. A international rescue stepped up and that facility is now closed down, dogs rescued and brought to Canada and adopted out. And it all started with that one visit and this cute pup.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gus-ken...dog-meat-farm/

https://www.simplemost.com/gus-kenwo...m-south-korea/

I don't think much of the vet they used. Anytime a puppy doesn't eat is time to worry. And an x-ray without some sort of sedation on a puppy? Just wrong.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:06 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,979,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
. . . And an x-ray without some sort of sedation on a puppy? Just wrong.
An X-ray??? Sedation for an X-ray? Why would you ever suggest that??? That would add extra risk to a simple and easy procedure.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:18 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,137,813 times
Very sorry to hear of your loss and hope you find comfort in your joyous memories of your sweet dog. Mr. Hobbs went to doggie heaven a couple weeks ago and will enjoy romping with Beemo. It's always hard to part ways with our beloved canine "children".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs