Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times

Advertisements

So incredibly sad. We must always provide FRESH water at the beach.

Dog dies from saltwater poisoning days after day at the beach - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 05:46 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
In a hurry once to training class I stopped at a store & got a Bottle of water for me & my dog.... Dang if the bottle Marked Spring Drinking water had ADDED SALT in it! Fine print on the Label WTF .... So be careful to Read the Label.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

Dog dies from saltwater poisoning days after day at the beach - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
We are at our FL house in Sarasota right now
Didn't see that on the news
That is sad--
There are lot of dog people in this area--many restaurants allow dogs outside and keep water bowls
But there is only one dog beach -- south of Venice--around here so haven't seen dogs on the beach to know how people deal with water for dogs...

Old 07-26-2018, 09:34 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,689,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

That owner obviously never saw the Marley movie or read the book.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:49 AM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
I just saw on the local news that another potential issue is sand. One dog had to be taken to animal hospital due to buildup of sand in digestive tract, it is easy for dogs to ingest sand playing around.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:48 AM

50,329 posts, read 63,895,871 times
This reminded me of another danger. My nieces dog spent hours putting his head underwater at the edge of their swimming pool, trying to catch frogs. The dog went blind from exposing his eyes to the pool chemicals.....not sure if it was a chlorine or saltwater pool.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:13 PM

13,703 posts, read 12,410,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
In a hurry once to training class I stopped at a store & got a Bottle of water for me & my dog.... Dang if the bottle Marked Spring Drinking water had ADDED SALT in it! Fine print on the Label WTF .... So be careful to Read the Label.
That wouldn't hurt the dog...This was sea water. That probably had no more salt than tap water.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:07 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,582,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I just saw on the local news that another potential issue is sand. One dog had to be taken to animal hospital due to buildup of sand in digestive tract, it is easy for dogs to ingest sand playing around.
On of my past dogs, Jazz was a ball freak . At the beach she had to have a ball in her mouth if not a ball a good stick. We went to the ocean beach a lot and sometimes when we got home she would vomit out a lot of sand. The sand would get on her ball or even a stick which then would go in her mouth along with what ever sand she scooped up as she picked them up over and over. No surprise at how much she must have swallowed. I was lucky she vomited it up and it never became more of an issue.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:16 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
On of my past dogs, Jazz was a ball freak . At the beach she had to have a ball in her mouth if not a ball a good stick. We went to the ocean beach a lot and sometimes when we got home she would vomit out a lot of sand. The sand would get on her ball or even a stick which then would go in her mouth along with what ever sand she scooped up as she picked them up over and over. No surprise at how much she must have swallowed. I was lucky she vomited it up and it never became more of an issue.
The one thing Dante WON'T eat. If his ball gets sand on it he puts in the water and paws it until all the sand comes off. He can be a dainty thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-29-2018, 08:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,215,968 times
Our puppy loves our saltwater pool and we can't keep her out of it when we are in. She is 13 weeks old and we can't keep her from drinking while she is swimming. I know there isn't nearly the salt in a pool as there is in the ocean but it makes me wonder it this can harm her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs