Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 AM

183 posts, read 1,133,966 times

Advertisements

I wanted to start a thread for pictures of Border Collies. Mixes are ok, too. If you have a border collie, or a a dog that you suspect may have border in him, post your shots here! I want to see that adorable face! I also want to use this as a place to connect with others about Border Collie ownership and issues, or talk about Agility or Obedience training, or whatever you do with your dog.
Here are a few of my boy, Buddy:

By the way, we think he's Border and Lab, were were told Lab-Sheltie... yeah, I don't think so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 03:00 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Meet Cleo
Attached Thumbnails
Calling all Border Collie Fans (Agility, Training, and Proud owners)-cleo-may-16-07.jpg  

Old 06-30-2007, 03:47 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Looks like Smooth Collie...Do you do agillity?

Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Default cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Meet Cleo
How old is Cleo? Tell us about your very cute pet.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:09 PM

Default agility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Looks like Smooth Collie...Do you do agillity?
We are just starting him. I used to do it with my other dog, a collie shepard mix, but he had to have surgery for a luxating patella, and his arthritis was too bad to continue. Buddy has done the 3 obedience classes (at Petsmart), and we have introduced him to some of the agility equiptment in play, like the tunnel (have one in my dad's backyard for when we visit, he lives around the corner from our apt.). He has also started the weave poles, just learning how to enter correctly. He's so quick and agile naturally, though, that I can't wait to really get into a club or something once we move. We're moving down to FL next week!

Do you have an agility dog?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:20 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times
Cute pics, everyone!!

I have a Border Collie, her name is 'Abby'...she did all the agility training and graduated with top honors... in both of her obedience classes!
She has since retired due to getting up in her years...but I can tell she still has it in her!...we play, just not as hard. She will be fourteen on July 4th.

She loved the tunnel and running the courses. It expelled the energy she had on a daily basis......that and she had all the typical herding instincts...I had a 3 yr old Collie at the time and Abby was just 8 weeks old and she would actually 'herd' the Collie, by nipping at her ankles to get her back inside!
Neighbors would watch it from a couple doors down and would get such a kick out of watching her 'herd' this HUGE Collie around the yard!...

I wish I could find those pics...it was well over 10 yrs ago and before I bought a digital camera.

But here are some recent ones....

Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newteacher View Post
How old is Cleo? Tell us about your very cute pet.
Cleo will be 11 in Oct and she's a mix, but most certainly has the BC brain cells She's a rescue that we adopted in the Spring of '98. She doesn't participate in agility in a formal fashion. There is a pic taken at a fun day where I now work and she's done doggy daycare, it's in another thread and I'll see if I can pull it up. Having said that, she knows all of her commands; sit, drop, wait, sit pretty (sit-up), wave, speak, shake, go around, roll over and crawl both verbally and by hand signals.

Here is the link to her agility fun http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...s-agility2.jpg

Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
I went thru a basic agility class with my male sheltie he loved it I could not keep up. Took a smooth collie female to a match once. I did keep up to her but found out the following week she had collie eye blindness. I love watching.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 AM

Cleosmom- awesome agility pic! They love it.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 PM

6 posts, read 21,848 times
I have a 7 month old Australian Shepherd Blue Merle, here in Va Beach Va. Very hard to find any kind of agility classes for him or even dog parks. Anyone know of someone? He is just a big lover and always wants to play. He plays with a collie who lives upstairs. Only excercising he gets right now. Need help thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs