Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I found another way to post pictures... I like it way better than anything else I have tried...
1. go to www.tinypic.com
2. Click browse and click on the pic you want
3. click upload now
4. I think it gives you 3 or 4 options but the 2nd one says IMG code for forums and message boards... just click copy and then paste it where ever you want it!

Just figured I would let everyone know!

this is for my fask- Wacky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 06:42 PM

585 posts, read 614,060 times
I like small breeds because I can pick them up. But we have a small mut (her Mom was a poodle and she dated a Chihuahua that worked for taco bell...LOL) we rescued her. She has been the quickest to learn and the calmest. Our daughter purchased a tea cup Chihuahua which turned out not to be a tea cup. He ended up being our responsibility and he has managed over time to "P" every where in this house. We have a lab outside and she was also a rescue, she to was quick to learn. I really don't have a breed that I prefer but I have grown to love female dogs over the males. Both the females we have were already up in age and they housebroke quickly and picked up on tricks we taught them in a day. The Chihuahua was 8 weeks old when we got him 2 years ago and he still hasn't learned the commands but he is excellent at "P"ing in the house!

Here are pictures of Misty (black female poochi!) and the "P" master Lil Fella.
Attached Thumbnails
Your favorite dog ..breed or mutt?...and why?-misty.jpg   Your favorite dog ..breed or mutt?...and why?-lil-fella-2.jpg  

Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Oh Sunny ... I love that baggy little mush. I just want to grab those cheekies

Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 PM

89 posts, read 387,573 times
I have a greyhound named Eddie. He was smart enough to just not run the first time they tried to race him, so he was adopted out right away at the ripe old age of one and and a half years old. I love my Eddie. He's such a character and has yet to really damage anything in the house. He loves to go camping and likes long walks on the beach. He also likes to talk to you when you try to nap during the day and he likes to scold me if I come home too late from the bars on the weekends. I just can't say enough about my grey.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,776 times
#1 pick Bloodhounds I use them in SAR and great personality wise.
#2 any bird dog as personality again.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 PM

10 posts, read 33,377 times
i have a shiba inu who i love to death. she is a little brat though!my absolute favorite breed in the world would be a pit bull. i have met so many and they are wonderful. ive done lots of research on them instead of listening to what the media tells me and found out for myself soo many interesting facts and stories on them. i cant wait to get a staffordshire bull terrier. he will be spoiled rotten

Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
I lean towards herding dog mutts/mixes (how did this beagle-basset bay his way into my house?). For me, I just prefer mutts, as I like to adopt dogs and figure that mutts might have more trouble getting adopted. Also, no one's mutt looks like yours! My first adoption was a breed, English Springer, a lovely dog, who turned out to have an inbred neurological flaw- "spaniel rage"- and he had to be put down before he tried to kill me.
I had a border collie/terrier mutt growing up, and I think got that type/coloring as an imprint. I also like the energy and intelligence of the BC mixes, although I do adopt older (sometimes much older) dogs.
Each dog I get attached to expands my idea of what "type" a dog should be. Sort of like boyfriends.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
I don't know that I could pick a favorite since I've seen soooo many, but I own a Cogi/Malamute mix and she has to be on of the cutes and lovey dogs on the planet.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:56 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
My favorite is my dog Chelsea, she is a Jack russel and McNab mix. The McNab is a herd dog that is bred out of Ukiah California since the 1800's and is still bred by the McNab family there. Chelsea has all the spirtit and spunk of the Jack but has the size of the McNab at 21 inch's tall, she thinks she is as big as a Jack and has no fear of anything, She will mouse or rat all day if I were to let here. She has no desire to herd and looks like a giant Jack Rulles Terrier. I have had many dogs large and small , Snoopy was a beagle/Chiahauha/Dachund mix and one of the smartest dogs that I have ever had, except for Chelsea. The most loyal and wise dogs ever was Ursa who I got at nine days old, she was a McNab/German shepherd mix that made it to almost 15 last march. The clown was O'shota a 125 pound Rottweiler/Golden/Irishwolfhound mix, there has never been such a sweet and innocent dog like O'shota, we let her go 15 months ago to spondylosis at 13 1/2. Right now I fing the Jack russel to be adorable and so extremely intelligent, but Chelsea is the best of two worlds.

Here are some pictures of Chelsea at the beach and in the driveway and one of Milly and Molly on our couch when we were dog sittling them. Milly is a pit mix and Molly is a McNab/Border collie mix but has the McNab coloration. Their owner is a 76 year old woman with emphysema and Alzheimers disease and the two dogs have become quite nerotic over the last 5 years that they have lived with her. If Anne should pass away, Milly and Molly are left to us in the will.
Attached Thumbnails
Your favorite dog ..breed or mutt?...and why?-dsc03038_2_2.jpg   Your favorite dog ..breed or mutt?...and why?-dsc03582.jpg   Your favorite dog ..breed or mutt?...and why?-dsc03162.jpg  

Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
I'm a sucker for herding breeds. ....collies, aussies, shelties, B.C.,etc.
My favorite is the Aussie by far. They seem to have more of an off switch then a B.C. but a little more active then a Collie. Plus, I can never own another collie, as the one we had was the best dog in the world and no collie will live up to her EVER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs