U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,198 times
My Boxer mas just bitten by a mix breed! He bit her on her bottom on the anus!Its embarrasing to tell people but u all have such good advice so is there anything someone can tell me????!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,568,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteypie View Post
My Boxer mas just bitten by a mix breed! He bit her on her bottom on the anus!Its embarrasing to tell people but u all have such good advice so is there anything someone can tell me????!!!!
Any time a dog gets bitten it should be taken to a vet so they can give you antibiotics. I've seen dogs die from festering infections from bites that didn't look that bad.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 AM

42,470 posts, read 47,596,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteypie View Post
On the anus will be trickier because risk of infection is greater. I'd take the dog to a vet. The "back end" and injury will need to be thoroughly cleaned each time the dog poops to prevent infection. If the anus is literally torn, the dog may need stitches. Either way, an oral antibiotic and regularly cleaning should prevent infection. A vet is definitely necessary for your dog's situation.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,198 times
thanks guys!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,482 times
I brought a small pitbull Saturday and my older pitbull bit him on his arm he snatchd a piece of skin. It was so sad and am scared for my little puppy what should I do ?i have no money for vet help

Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM

2,344 posts, read 2,448,708 times
First thing to remember is it is an animal. Animals are pretty resilient and if they were in real danger from minor injuries they would probably have been extinct by now. It isn't as if it needs to be sewn up so there isn't a scar or anything- a dog doesn't care if it has a scar.

I would let it heal on its own and unless it gets infected (unlikely since the dog will lick it (or lick its paw and "clean" the wound). If you are really concerned you could hit it with some hydrogen peroxide and then rinse it.

Two of my dogs got into a dispute over a rabbit they found in the yard. Lucy really chewed Larry's ear- he came to the front door that morning covered in blood- looked horrible but it was just a few punctures on the ear- it healed up nicely without a vet's help.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM

15,820 posts, read 30,895,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anajanetflores View Post
I brought a small pitbull Saturday and my older pitbull bit him on his arm he snatchd a piece of skin. It was so sad and am scared for my little puppy what should I do ?i have no money for vet help
Do not worry about it. Dogs do nto have arms, so a bite in his non-existient arm will not hurt him at all.

Keep it clean. Keep an eye on it. Do not let him chew at it. If you have to, you could wrap it. You can also put triple antibiotic ointment on it, but he will just lick it off unless you wrap it. If it gets infected, you will have to take hiim to a vet, or shoot him.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM

21,205 posts, read 16,476,638 times
I would take any injured dog to the vet.

Not long ago Rip was on a hunting trip out of state.

He cut his paw on some junk.....the guys that had him did not think it was bad.....just gave him a shot of penicillin.

I went a got him.....he needed surgery.

It was deep and would have left a mark.

Today you can not see it.

Rip has also bitten other dogs fighting at the tree.....I paid thier vet bills to be sure the were taken care of.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 AM

21,205 posts, read 16,476,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anajanetflores View Post
And you got a pup???

FYI, you can buy penicillin and antibiotics at any feed store.

Tractor Supply has the best price.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 869 times
Just an opionion because my yorkie bit my other yorkie in the facce last nite and would not let go, the gone that got bit is not a fighter. Could not tear them apart, my female has become way too agressive , fights for no reason. Now my other one has a swollen redness around his eye, he is neutered, i dont breed. She is not neutered. He is acting fine, i immediatly after getting them apart, put a wet cold washcloth on his eye , in the process of getting them apart which took at least 5 minutes due to that extra latch on terrier bite no matter what you do. I tryed to pry the females mouth open and got bit, a puncure wound to my left thumb which hurts like hell and is swollen. I wish antibotics were more available. I get mine sometimes in the fish dept or open an amoxicillin of my own and sprinkle a little on some food. The male that got bit is a velcro dog, and i adopted him almost a year ago. Going to keep watch on the eye, and give him more antibotic, but what got me out of this whole thread was this statement...........i dont want him to die, but i dont want them to charge me so much money just to clean my dog up! someone please tell me what i should do!!
I agree with that statement 100 percent. We have to be afraid to go to vets, because they overcharge and they know we love and will pay more then we would for ourselves. This is a shame. Its hard to find a good honest vet that does not overcharge, i have compared their prices to PAWS prices and i would feel disgraced if i were a vet. The meds are less than half the price vets charge if purchased thru catalogs, yes they have an overhead, but the word VET strikes fear in my wallet. Unless its a real emergency, i am not paying for their new offices.

Read more: [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/315812-my-dog-bitten-what-do-i.html#ixzz2MiE6wZMY[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs