Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:37 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times

Advertisements

Every now and then I scan Petfinder looking at the available dogs in the Houston area. Most of the time its just that - me looking. This morning though, I came across one that I just keep going back to. Its a chocolate Lab that looks and sound a heck of a lot like our Bandit. (You may remember, we gently let our Bandit go to the Rainbow Bridge a year ago in November)

As I said, I keep going back to this posting and I finally showed it to DH. We talked about it and I'm going to contact the rescue about this dog tomorrow.

Heres the posting for the dog "Tank" and I've also attached a pic of Bandit from his younger days. Am I crazy or do they look alike?

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Labrador Retriever | Houston, TX | TANK#2

If all goes well, we may be back to having 4 dogs soon.

So tell me...have I lost my mind? Has anyone else just had a feeling about a dog from its picture and description?
Attached Thumbnails
Be honest - am I nuts?-bandit-fl-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 05:40 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
Yes. Never followed through though. Just go into it with a clear mind, remember he's Tank and not Bandit. If you can love him for himself and think he'd be a good fit for your family (hope you're bringing the other dogs along) then bring him home. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2010, 05:44 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
sounds (and looks) to me like bandit probably has a guiding paw in this.....

you will know when you meet tank......

can't believe its been a year since you lost bandit.......

eta .... i know the camera adds pounds... but tank sure looks bigger than 65 lbs in those pictures......

Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I dont think he looks like your beloved bandit....but he is a lovely boy....who needs the love you clearly have available to give.....I think Bandit maybe pulling your heart strings ..... he knows you have love to give and that Tank needs you ..... its all simple after that.

PS. I adopted a three legged Beagle from Tennessee based on the picture and description and its been a Love Story from the moment she arrived on the transport truck. Kismet.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
sounds (and looks) to me like bandit probably has a guiding paw in this.....
I agree! Our Bandit always did look over us!

I just filled out the on-line application. I'll see what happens from there

Old 12-26-2010, 06:03 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
and PLEASE do keep us posted......

Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and PLEASE do keep us posted......
LOL - you know I will

Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
PS. I adopted a three legged Beagle from Tennessee based on the picture and description and its been a Love Story from the moment she arrived on the transport truck. Kismet.
Pictures please!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Heres the posting for the dog "Tank" and I've also attached a pic of Bandit from his younger days. Am I crazy or do they look alike?
I don't think they look alike at all. But your heart is clearly calling you to adopt Tank.

If you do adopt Tank, please do whatever you can to get his weight down. My old labrador used to weight around 100lbs (sometimes more and sometimes less near 90) for many years. Even though he never looked fat, all of that weight while hew as younger contributed to his hip problems he is struggling with as an older dog. He weighs 73 now and he's at a weight the vet says is healthy for a large lab. And trust me, my lab is large---very long legged, big head, big feet. Just because they're big doesn't mean they should weigh a lot. And 95lbs is way too much weight even for a large labrador and that weight will contribute to health problems later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat
If all goes well, we may be back to having 4 dogs soon.

So tell me...have I lost my mind? Has anyone else just had a feeling about a dog from its picture and description?
You haven't lost your mind. You're going to meet him first. I adopted my beagle/basset off of the internet without even meeting him!

The rescue recommended him based on my criteria and I fell in love with his picture and personality description. I didn't have the option to see him ahead of time because he came from a foster home two states away. But I never regretted adopting him. He walked right into our front door and into our hearts.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:58 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Must be a beagle thing! I adopted my beagle/basset mix off of the internet without even meeting him! He was transported to our house from his foster house that was two states away. And it was a love story for us the moment he arrived. I'll never forget how he wiggled his way into our hearts. He's the sweetest dog I've ever owned---and I've owned many sweet dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs