U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:14 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,766,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
My thoughts exactly!!

mine too.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,000 times
This is my 1st time here. Was looking for more info on laser therapy. I am scheduled to take my chocolate lab in on Monday to start the therapy. He will get 6 treatments to start with, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 2 weeks. Then we will go from there. It is going to cost $32.00 a treatment. I just paid $90.90 for 30 Previcox and with 3/4 of one of them a day, and 1 1/2 tramadol twice a day plus missing link on his food, he is still limping. He has arthritis in his shoulder, and I found out a few weeks ago it is in his spine now.
I just got him and his partner, a beautiful yellow lab, from a shelter less than 8 months ago. I found them on petfinders a few weeks after I lost my 14 year old yellow lab mix. They were named Mac and Cheese. They guessed their ages at 10-12 years old. They are incredible, and along with the 14 year old black lab mix I also got last year, are worth everything I can do to make them have a good life, no matter what I have to do.
I am so excited to try this on him and I will post again after we get the 6 visits in. The vet's office said sometimes there is a difference in the 2nd or 3rd therapy.
Candy

Old 06-12-2010, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,830 times
Default pets' joint pain relief

Pets’ joint pain is very critical issue with pets. Pets specially dog and cat live very near to the human being but when they caught by this disease then they live away from owner's. But now its effective medicine is available that is called Pet Bounce. It is found in the form of spray which can easily give to the pets. This remedy is very easy to use. After its medication you will get your pets as earlier.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,369,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caputt View Post
This is my 1st time here. Was looking for more info on laser therapy. I am scheduled to take my chocolate lab in on Monday to start the therapy. He will get 6 treatments to start with, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 2 weeks. Then we will go from there. It is going to cost $32.00 a treatment. I just paid $90.90 for 30 Previcox and with 3/4 of one of them a day, and 1 1/2 tramadol twice a day plus missing link on his food, he is still limping. He has arthritis in his shoulder, and I found out a few weeks ago it is in his spine now.
I just got him and his partner, a beautiful yellow lab, from a shelter less than 8 months ago. I found them on petfinders a few weeks after I lost my 14 year old yellow lab mix. They were named Mac and Cheese. They guessed their ages at 10-12 years old. They are incredible, and along with the 14 year old black lab mix I also got last year, are worth everything I can do to make them have a good life, no matter what I have to do.
I am so excited to try this on him and I will post again after we get the 6 visits in. The vet's office said sometimes there is a difference in the 2nd or 3rd therapy.
Candy
Any updates, Candy? How is he doing? You are wonderful to adopt these dogs and take such good care of them. The names, Mac and Cheese, are so cute!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM

3,593 posts, read 10,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yep. I just found that my post was deleted also, but I never got an email to that effect and didn't know until today. Funny business, this moderator stuff. I don't even know what I wrote that was so wrong.
Read the TOS. There are rules that you agreed to follow for posting on this forum. If your post was just to advertise a product or service, it will be deleted or the part that is advertising will be edited out. If your post is hassassing, rude or inflammitory, it will be deleted. When you notice a post is gone and you don't know why. DM the MOD. They are very nice people and will explain to you what you did wrong. Easiest way to be sure not to have anything deleted is to read the TOS so you will know what you can and cannot do. I'm not a Mod but respect how hard the volunteer job that they do really is.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Read the TOS. There are rules that you agreed to follow for posting on this forum. If your post was just to advertise a product or service, it will be deleted or the part that is advertising will be edited out. If your post is hassassing, rude or inflammitory, it will be deleted. When you notice a post is gone and you don't know why. DM the MOD. They are very nice people and will explain to you what you did wrong. Easiest way to be sure not to have anything deleted is to read the TOS so you will know what you can and cannot do. I'm not a Mod but respect how hard the volunteer job that they do really is.
It appears one has to have 10 posts before one can make a recommendation. Strange requirement. I thought personal experience and wanting to help by sharing it would be more important. Anybody can get to 10 posts just by trolling.

I don't consider recommendations to be advertising, as I don't benefit from it in any way. When someone asks for help or advice, I take it seriously, consider it thoughtfully, and offer, if I have suggestions. If not, I let it go and read others'.

I tried to contact the mod. Don't know where to find her/him. I don't like to violate TOS and if it happens, it happens by accident.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 AM

7,330 posts, read 13,165,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It appears one has to have 10 posts before one can make a recommendation. Strange requirement. I thought personal experience and wanting to help by sharing it would be more important. Anybody can get to 10 posts just by trolling.

I don't consider recommendations to be advertising, as I don't benefit from it in any way. When someone asks for help or advice, I take it seriously, consider it thoughtfully, and offer, if I have suggestions. If not, I let it go and read others'.

I tried to contact the mod. Don't know where to find her/him. I don't like to violate TOS and if it happens, it happens by accident.
SB, I think the problem is that someone with one post, or very few, usually isn't a person sharing something they found, but a paid employee of the company they're linking to. The system isn't perfect, but the way the TOS is written does weed out a lot of BS. I don't want to log on to CD and see nothing but ads, and that's what would happen if they let the posts stand. I know I've reported dozens of ads, some of which werejust randomly inserted into threads that weren't related to the product at all.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
SB, I think the problem is that someone with one post, or very few, usually isn't a person sharing something they found, but a paid employee of the company they're linking to. The system isn't perfect, but the way the TOS is written does weed out a lot of BS. I don't want to log on to CD and see nothing but ads, and that's what would happen if they let the posts stand. I know I've reported dozens of ads, some of which werejust randomly inserted into threads that weren't related to the product at all.
I've seen unrelated ads too, and I report them. The mods generally try to do a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or