Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,177 times

Advertisements

Sabrina
Hello, Reading your message brought tears to my eyes. My wife and I have a beautiful 5 year old yellow lab, which we love as our own kid...And as I write these short lines, Lyka is sitting at home and suffering from lymphoma as Sasha. We became aware of her illness when I took her for short walk and she fainted. Actually, I gave her CPR and she got on her feet, but totally disoriented. Next morning I took her to her vet. It was devastating when we received the diagnosis from her vet. We didn't know what to do, as we knew it was a death forecast. The vet indicated that her only way to survive pass a few months was only based on chimo, to which we immediately rejected. I've being doing lots of research on line and found this website [url=http://caninecare.us/]CanineCare.us - A real breakthrough in the treatment of canine cancerAn effective alternative to traditional, toxic chemoThe product of more than a decade of university research, Tumexal[/url]. At this time Lyka is under this alternative and way less expensive cancer treatment. Traditional cancer treatment for dogs can cost from $4500 to $12000, which is out reach for my wife and me. Offering this treatment gives us a new hope. So far, it's being four days, We have not seen any improvement yet, but testimonials indicate that after 3 weeks you'll notice general improvement as well as weight gain...
And Sabrina, if you see no improvement in Sasha, my best advise is to let her go with dignity and don't let her suffer. We sincerely hope that Sasha gets better..
jgfa45
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,066 times
Hi, sorry to hear your news, I to am struggling with the diagnosis of lymphoma in my 3 year old bernese mountain dog, I'm struggling to find information to all of my questions, he was diagnosed 3 wks ago but showing signs for nearly 5 weeks. He started with been short of breath over a couple of days and a sore throat, I took him to the vets as I felt his lymph nodes enlarged under his jaw, the vet ? An infection and treated with antibotics for a week, but during this period he started to have difficulty swallowing and struggling to breath, so took him to the vets who gave him a shot of prednisone that last 48 hrs. This reduced the lymph nodes and his sore throat and build up of plelm reduced. I took him back 5 days later and his lymph nodes came back up, so they decided to have him in the following day for a biopsy and needle aspiration, these came back positive of lympoma, on about devestated, I don't think there is a word for it, I went for a second opinion to another vet as I lost trust in my original vet as she epseemed to delay the biopsy and needle aspiration, this to me should have been done immedalty to start treatment as quick as we can. The new vet confirmed lympoma and we started chemo ( wisconson Maddison ) that evening, his lymph nodes reduced slightly and he was ok in himself, he has his 2nd dose a week later plus antibotics and an injection to make him wee more to prevent bladder infection, this chemo didn't seem to work at all, his lymph nodes are all back up and struggling to swallow and breath again ( evening are the worse) he was back last night and we are continuing the chemo to see how he responds, but today his lumpy oh nodes are still enlarged. I have a couple of questions that I can not find answers to, 1. When would you expect to see improvement after each chemo session, 2. Will one shot of prednisone a week before chemo prevent the chemo from working. I'm really desperate and making myself ill over this diagnosis, I have just sat on the net trying to find the answers but not having much luck, I have asked the vet but she is hazy with the answers as I don't think she wants to cause me more distress by telling me the blunt truth. I have changed my dogs diet to high protein low carb with fish oil supplement hoping that this would help. any advice would be gratefully received x

Old 09-30-2015, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,243 times
My Yorkie-Lhapso mix was only about 7 years old when the Vet diagnosed him with Lymphoma. I was in shock since my last dog a Shepard-Mix lived until 17 years old and he died of bladder cancer. I had another dog, an Japanese Akita, that lived until 12 years old and she was diagnosed with bone cancer. We did the extreme treatment with her, having chemo treatments that failed and then amputating her back right leg thinking that would help prolong her life. It didn't. She didn't tolerate the chemo and her cancer remained. The amputation didn't help since her other leg was too weak to support her so she could no longer walk. My Vet was wonderful but based on our past experience with our Akita, we decided to not force Lymphoma Chemo treatment on our Yorkie and let him live out the remaining time doing whatever he wanted and giving him as much love that we can. The final two weeks was very difficult for him, going blind, asites, belly swelling up, we gave him supportive measures and medication for pain. We decided to put him down so he would no longer suffer. It was hard to let him go but he is no longer suffering and running free now with my other dogs. I miss him and all my other dogs so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs