Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Off topic, but I'd never heard of Plott hounds until we adopted our Plott (mix?) from the shelter. He, too, is VERY loveable, but still likes to jump and nibble on us (he's about 10 months old now).

My 8-yr old son is is idol! He just loves him to death.

Would love to see a picture of yours!
That's cool.. I had never heard of them either until we got Sam.. we had no clue as to what he was since he was a rescue dog.. but then later found out that he was a plott hound..Does yours like to chase birds, rabbit, ducks..lol sam does sometime so much drives us crazy.. as far as jumping yup sam does that too we have tried breaking him from it because when someone walks up he wants to jump all over them but he is a lil hardheaded I do believe..he has never nibbled on us thou.. when he is in the house he lays under my feet..loves to sit on our lap too he is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever had..he is the biggest lover. Same with our 9 year old daughter he sits on her lap lets her walk him and she even skates with him..
here is a pics of him

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
That's cool.. I had never heard of them either until we got Sam.. we had no clue as to what he was since he was a rescue dog.. but then later found out that he was a plott hound..Does yours like to chase birds, rabbit, ducks..lol sam does sometime so much drives us crazy.. as far as jumping yup sam does that too we have tried breaking him from it because when someone walks up he wants to jump all over them but he is a lil hardheaded I do believe..he has never nibbled on us thou.. when he is in the house he lays under my feet..loves to sit on our lap too he is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever had..he is the biggest lover. Same with our 9 year old daughter he sits on her lap lets her walk him and she even skates with him..
here is a pics of him
Yes, ours likes to "act" tough and scare away the rabbits and turtles when they're in our yard or when people ride past on their horses. He growls and barks like a crazy dog, but he's really just a mush. He is very hard-headed too, but such a lover! And, he's almost ALWAYS happy! Our last dog (my sweet Lab, Baci) passed away 6/07. She was very, very smart, but didn't like to share the love with us, and she always seemed a little sad.

Your Sam has much longer hair than our Levi. I need to take a new picture of him to post. There are puppy shots out there, but he's changed alot.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times
aww I always hate it when one has to move on into another life.. so sad.. After our Akita passed away 3 years ago I said I would never get another dog until we seen sam.. we went to get him he ran up to my husband laid on the ground and wanted him to rub his belly.. he is just such a happy silly dog. sam got alone great with our other dog snow and we ended up having to put snow down due too hip disease and well of course we had to get another dog for sam.. needless to say we ended up getting two great danes.. (it seems like a must to have doggies) and now were having puppies so sam will be uncle sam hehe..
Please do take pics I would love to see your levi.. Ill bet he is a cutie too..

Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,253 times
ok I need help. I am from Ontario Canada. Just rescued a Plott hound(never heard of them until I rescued her)She is 1 year and a ahalf and came from Greece. This first month has been wonderful but now she won't eat properly, she is growling at my daughter who is 9 and just sitting on the couch watching TV. She barks constantly at other dogs and it has been terrible trying to socialize her. I have so many books watched and rewatched Cesear done all the tricks to no avail. We rae struggling with her. She does not come and won't listen to anything.She is beautiful and looks just like Sam. Any Ideas???? ANything would be helpful. We walk her twice a day 1/2 hr Would do more but she barks and acts crazy around other dogs and has no focus what so ever on the walks which again she doesn't listen to any commands.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
for one thing you are in a thread about the best dogs for kids and you should start a new thread about plott hounds or at the very least start a new thread. Also it looks to me like you need a professional trainer. This dog may very well have been surrendered because of the issues you mention. But a trainer will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs