U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,493,037 times

Advertisements

How Dumb is this? contact Rachel Ray she has a sweet resce one, and then Ophra! The dog depends on the person who has it! Amen! They have no right to take and kill a sweet family dog! Yes. not all
are, however, why pick on one breed, and to kill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,206,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Ohio has some pretty tough dog laws already but this is insane.

It is a slippery slope. One state passes it... look out.

Deal with dogfighters. Deal with irresponsible owners. But, taking away property of American citizens, and passing laws that can't be defended against... is not what our country stands for.

Is Yates a Democrat or a Republican?

I agree 100% Go after the people who are abusing these dogs and making them crazy! This is sickening. What kind of country has this become and what kind of people live in it? This was not going on in the 50's, 60's and 70's even 80's. People have become monsters! I live in Florida and people treat dogs like dirt here. I see abuse daily going on in this state. Dogs running half starved and dirty all over. Just about everytime I leave my house I see something with animal abuse. I cannot wait to get the heck outta here. 13,000 dogs gassed last year in one county alone here! Most were pitbulls. It is disgusting how so many people(monsters) treat animals here. I here about pitbulls on the news all the time here, pitbull fighting, abuse, dog bites due to neglect and abuse of them. Makes me sick to my stomach! I wish I could help them all!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 AM

543 posts, read 2,146,741 times
This makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM

6,764 posts, read 19,729,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree 100% Go after the people who are abusing these dogs and making them crazy! This is sickening. What kind of country has this become and what kind of people live in it? This was not going on in the 50's, 60's and 70's even 80's. People have become monsters! I live in Florida and people treat dogs like dirt here. I see abuse daily going on in this state. Dogs running half starved and dirty all over. Just about everytime I leave my house I see something with animal abuse. I cannot wait to get the heck outta here. 13,000 dogs gassed last year in one county alone here! Most were pitbulls. It is disgusting how so many people(monsters) treat animals here. I here about pitbulls on the news all the time here, pitbull fighting, abuse, dog bites due to neglect and abuse of them. Makes me sick to my stomach! I wish I could help them all!
This is why so many Southern dawgs (spelling) wind up here in the NE. People are clueless. They need to be educated to SPAY and respect their pets.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,558,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
This is why so many Southern dawgs (spelling) wind up here in the NE. People are clueless. They need to be educated to SPAY and respect their pets.
I feel that this issue needs to be addressed on several levels, and not just on trying to persuade others that pit bulls are good dogs. I really think that there needs to be a massive push to have mandatory spay and neutering for all pets (dogs and cats) and even to make those services free or close to free. And on a federal level, there needs to be a registry and licensing for animal breeders. There is just too much stress on our rescues and shelters with so many unwanted animals. And each dog or cat breed group should organize and set the standards for breeding and controlling the amount of puppies and cats that can be produced every year.

Of course our animal shelters will never be completely empty. There will always be abandoned and lost pets. But at least let's try to control all the excess of puppies and kittens.

Every dog lover is going to have a different take on this terrible situation. My take is that the stresses of dog and cat overpopulation in our shelters is making everyone cranky and upset, then there are a lot of bad dog and cat owners... and pit bulls are being caught in the crossfire because there are so many misbehaving ones** AND so many in animal shelters. So I think that if we can make the excess of unwanted dogs and cats go down drastically that will help. Then next to educate all dog and cat owners on how to be good and responsible pet owners.

** Yes other breeds of dogs misbehave also, but larger dogs do more damage than the small ones. Pit bulls also attract owners that want them less for a good pet and instead for other purposes, bad ones like looking macho, for guarding and dog fighting.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM

717 posts, read 1,771,559 times
Never had much use for backwards Ohio anyway...now I nave even less reason to ever visit such a pit.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 PM

7,542 posts, read 16,362,612 times
But ya live in Denver ? Jumping from the pan into the fire that would be!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 885 times
This is absurd, they need to take a look at the owners. you are killing innocent animals over the way a owner raises their pitbull! You better not come take mine or their will be a huge problem! To the ghetto people who raise their dogs to become aggresive and incourage them to fight...you need some major psychiatric help...I will be contacting the Ohio legislature on this as well! I just moved here from Kentucky and if this occurs, I will move right back to Kentucky. I love my pitbull and so does my four children, especially my three year old...she is rough as can be with her at times and Lexi loves her so much and is as gentle with her as can be. Go get the serial killers, the rapists, and robbers, not my pitbull, she does not break the law either way, very well mannered dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs