Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Thank god I live in hawaii(it feels like another country sometimes). Banning pit bulls woiuld never happen here. Pit Bulls are loved over here. Everytime I take my Pit Bulls out people always tell me how beautiful my dogs are. It's funny because the only people who give me dirty looks are tourist, and I could care less about what some dumb tourist thinks.
Hey! I wanna be a dumb tourist to Hawaii some day!

I'd be stoked to be in a country where Pits are loved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,300 times
Default Ohio

Its weird in Ohio isn't it? Ohio is also a huge puppy mill state with no plans to stop that industry . I read about a shelter in Ohio that was putting down up to 80 dogs A DAY, now all Pit Bulls? Yet let Billy Bob Back yard puppy mill pump out more dogs.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Default Ugh!

What a shame....man ruined this breed! Well then they should ban all dogs. Any dog in the wrong hands can attack and bit someone....it is the dogs way of trying to reach out for help and ssying.....I am tired of this way of living on a chain and being abused....in most cases!
Ban the ban owners from having any dog. I have rescued pitbulls and one was sweeter than the other....even thought they were abused. They are one of the sweetest and most loyal dog breeds!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Ugh!

I agree 100 percent with you Pudelpie! I saw first hand on an episode of Miami Animal Precint last night. Two pitbulls, a male and female were called in and picked up by animal control in Miami. The dogs were brought to their owner and would not be released to him unless he could prove within 24 hours with paperwork the dogs were not 100 percent pitbull. I could not watch the ending....I already knew the outcome due to the lack of concern of that owner that he was forced to euthenize those two sweet dogs! UHG! Horrible.....what a shame!

Old 07-12-2008, 05:50 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,743 times
I think we have to act and let these politicians know that we will not be told what kind of dog we can have. This is America - land of the free - this legislation is totally un-American IMO. I don't care if you hate pitbulls, if they get away with this, who knows what freedom they will try to take away next. Let them know this is not Ok - don't sit by and wait until some form of legislation affects you, this is preventative.

The pitbull rescue I volunteer for circulated this in early spring and we all called and emailed every Ohio politician who had a say about this and told them what we thought about it. Don't wait untill they come after your favorite breed. Stand up today!

Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
This is so sad because PitBulls can be sweet dogs if treated properly!! Just like any dog. Tennessee has also put in a bill to Ban Pits..This is such a ridiculous law..
What they should do is put in a bill for stiffer penalties when someone abuses/fights animals.. instead of giving them a slap on the hand and telling you not to do it again.... they should fine the hell out of them (10,000 or more) and throw their a$$es in jail for 7-10 years then when they get out they can NEVER own another animal ever. NO QUESTIONS ASK! If these people abuse animals they more than likely abuse humans.
I think NC tried to pass this last year but it failed.. I also believe in this state if you own a Pit, Rottie (possibly German Shepherds and Dobermans) your suppose to put them on your Homeowners Insurance..but I duno know of many people that do this.
I agree with you 100 percent! It seems they are putting these bans in states where dog fighting is going on. Why should the dogs have to die due to them having no choice of how their beasty humans treated them and made them crazy! Just make me sick this whole pit bull thing. I love this breed and rescued many over the years....one was sweeter than the other!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 PM

3 posts, read 5,680 times
that makes me want to cry. my dog MIGHT be part pit, and he is the sweetest dog ever. he is my life, and OVER MY DEAD BODY would he be euthanized.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
The only thing they would get if they came to my door with a warrant to take my baby would be hot lead. My dog is like my child. Anyone wishing to harm her is a direct threat to my family and I will put my life on the line to defend my family, and if necessary I will take another life before I allow a family member of mine's life to be taken.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 PM

200 posts, read 979,526 times
It is disgusting how far this hate for pit bulls have gotten.

People need to realize that Rotties, German Shepherds were treated like this years ago, though not on the scale that pit bulls are on. Once and if they ban our pit bulls, bulldogs, etc... Next is going to be huskies, Alaskan malamutes, mastiffs, etc... until the only dogs you can own is a poodle.

Ugh, something needs to be done before this is taken too far. I have a clue of where to start, but no idea how to accomplish it.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,909,997 times
There are many advocacy groups working to stop BSL and promote and educate individuals and communities about pitbulls. Best Friends is one of the most well respected and well known groups and they are big supporters of pits. Stop BSL: News. They have resources and information how you can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs