Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times

Advertisements

Yes!!! And it can only be diagnosed by a vet. This should always be ruled out if any dog, that was previously trained, suddenly 'goes' in inappropriate places. UTIs are easy to treat. Tell the vet what's going on and he/she will be able to tell you if there's a urinary tract infection present. If there is, be sure to ask whether there are crystals in the urine and if there are, what kind, because your dog's diet will have to be changed - what KIND of diet depends on the KIND of crystals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,612 times
i have a 2 1/2 old boxer who is housetrained but now when i leave the house he pees on my bed anyone no why?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM

Have him checked for a urinary tract infection. THAT would be the first thing to do. If he's OK, then you have some other things to do:

If he urinates ONCE on your bed, do you launder ALL THE SHEETS and the MATTRESS PAD? Do you use Nature's Miracle on your mattress? Nature's Miracle should SOAK THROUGH the mattress unless you have a waterproof mattress cover.

If you don't have a waterproof mattress cover on your mattress, it's likely that the odor of old urine (you won't be able to detect this, but your dog CAN) is a signal to him that he can 'go' there. You might have to get a new mattress and a GOOD, well-fitting WATERPROOF mattress pad.

If you don't launder EVERYTHING that could remotely get urine on it that's on your bed, you're running the risk of him going there again.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerwest View Post
i have a 2 1/2 old boxer who is housetrained but now when i leave the house he pees on my bed anyone no why?
He could be mad at you for something a change in routine or etc.
Keep the door to your bedroom closed and do not allow him on the bed at all!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
He could be mad at you for something a change in routine or etc.
Keep the door to your bedroom closed and do not allow him on the bed at all!
No, dogs don't 'get angry' and exact revenge. They simply don't have that complex capacity in terms of thinking...

Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Every time I've moved my female decides she needs to pee all over the house for a couple months. Then it stops.

Strangely enough the newest house she would decide to leave dumps under the pool table instead of pee puddles.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM

Dogs usually need a 'refresher course' in housetraining when they move. We see this all the time with foster dogs.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
No, dogs don't 'get angry' and exact revenge. They simply don't have that complex capacity in terms of thinking...
Really you know this to be fact? Of course you dont!
Cats do it too!

Hmmmmm dogs can think and problem solve so yes they can! If you have never seen a dog problem solve you have never had a smart dog!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Really you know this to be fact? Of course you dont!
Cats do it too!

Hmmmmm dogs can think and problem solve so yes they can! If you have never seen a dog problem solve you have never had a smart dog!
Sorry but I have to agree with Viralmd on this. Animals don't do things to "get even" and yes - I've had many many very intelligent dogs. When a dog chews when an owner leaves - its not getting even for being alone, its releasing anxiety. Same thing with messes in unacceptable locations. You start with the obvious (vet check for medical) and then work back from there to address what triggered the behaviour. Putting a label of "getting even" doesn't address or work on correction of a bad behaviour, it just humanizes it.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Sorry but I have to agree with Viralmd on this. Animals don't do things to "get even" and yes - I've had many many very intelligent dogs. When a dog chews when an owner leaves - its not getting even for being alone, its releasing anxiety. Same thing with messes in unacceptable locations. You start with the obvious (vet check for medical) and then work back from there to address what triggered the behaviour. Putting a label of "getting even" doesn't address or work on correction of a bad behaviour, it just humanizes it.
It wouldn't let me rep you, so +1 Love this post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs