U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:45 PM

1,874 posts, read 6,885,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
My dog has a serious reaction to Diamond Dog Foods a couple of months ago. Someone recommended that I purchase thier Natural, Adult for Large Breeds. After a few weeks, he developed serious diarrhea and vomiting... and he refused to eat the food. I sincerely thought my dog was going to die.

I contacted the company via email and they assured me that there was no recall currently... and, they let me return the food. (but, the money isn't the issue here... my dog was really sick!)

I have feed my dog IAMS, Eukaneuba, even Purina One.. and have never had a problem with any of those foods. But, the Diamond food almost killed him.. (and it wasn't due to a recalled batch)

just thought you should know
Thank you for sharing that. It must have been very painful to go through for both you and your dog. I am happy everything turned out well. I am so sorry it happend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 PM

4,541 posts, read 13,094,709 times
Unhappy Apparently Diamond Naturals wasn't the problem...

To be fair, I need to let everyone know that today my dog started having a similar reaction to the new food he's been eating for the last month. It's been almost exactly 1 month from what I went through after feeding the Diamond Naturals food. Now, there are some new symptoms that he didn't have before. So, it seems that my 6 year old dog has suddenly developed some form of IBS... and it wasn't caused by the Diamond food. (Since today is Saturday, I've only been able to speak to a veterinarian about what's happening. I've done some research on the internet today - based on the symptoms. . I don't know for sure but I've got a pretty good idea what's going on and it's not good!)

So, it looks like it wasn't the Diamond Naturals Food that caused my dog's severe reaction.

I wanted to let people know in case you've been feeding Diamond Naturals to your dog... I don't want to scare anyone. Sorry!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-07-2008 at 09:21 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 09:57 PM

1,479 posts, read 7,015,654 times
How scary for you and how awful for your dog! Now that you know it's probably not the food, appropriate testing should be able to determine exactly what's going on so further episodes can be mitigated or prevented. I wish you both well and hope he recovers soon.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
To be fair, I need to let everyone know that today my dog started having a similar reaction to the new food he's been eating for the last month. It's been almost exactly 1 month from what I went through after feeding the Diamond Naturals food. Now, there are some new symptoms that he didn't have before. So, it seems that my 6 year old dog has suddenly developed some form of IBS... and it wasn't caused by the Diamond food. (Since today is Saturday, I've only been able to speak to a veterinarian about what's happening. I've done some research on the internet today - based on the symptoms. . I don't know for sure but I've got a pretty good idea what's going on and it's not good!)

So, it looks like it wasn't the Diamond Naturals Food that caused my dog's severe reaction.

I wanted to let people know in case you've been feeding Diamond Naturals to your dog... I don't want to scare anyone. Sorry!
I am so sorry for your dog (and You) I feel both your pain. I am a human that suffers from stomach issues and it is no fun. They thought I had IBS for some time and just recently we figured out I have Celiac disease as well as I am unable to tolerate artificial sweetners. My new diet has made a world of difference. I pray they find a diet that works for your friend as well.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:14 AM

4,541 posts, read 13,094,709 times
Thanks guys!

He's such a good dog. We will!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

WC & "B Amos Bear"

Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM

146 posts, read 669,586 times
Here's a link to the FDA, with lists of investigations, recalls, and lots of other great info.

Pet Foods

Heres a link to dog food reviews, ingredients, and ratings.....

Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost

You can research any brand by typing the brand name in the search box.

Heres the page with Diamond Natural Varieties....

Dog Food Reviews - All Products - Powered by ReviewPost

Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRiverRat View Post
Here's a link to the FDA, with lists of investigations, recalls, and lots of other great info.

Pet Foods

Heres a link to dog food reviews, ingredients, and ratings.....

Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost

You can research any brand by typing the brand name in the search box.

Heres the page with Diamond Natural Varieties....

Dog Food Reviews - All Products - Powered by ReviewPost

Thank you for the helpful links! These are great!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,416 times
Default Diamond Naturals Food

We have been feeding our Labs Diamond's new "Natural" line. They love it!! First 3 ingredients of the Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Formula is Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice!! Compare that to Iams and other 'name brands.' For the money, it is a good product. I am sure Nutro Natural Choice is a better product BUT Nutro is about $44 for a 40 pound bag whereas Diamond's Natural is about $27 a bag!

Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,463 times
I have been feeding my yorkie mix diamond naturals chicken and rice for small breeds for about 2 months now and there have been no problems so far. She loves the food and eats it better than any I have tried her on before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs