U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 PM

4,582 posts, read 5,005,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndister View Post
I am using k-9 advantix and still pick 5-6 ticks off of my dog every other day. WHAT A RIP-OFF! I'm in Miami Beach.
I use Advantix II and it works great. No ticks and I'm in the middle of the woods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 1,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I live in the rural southeast where we have major tick problems. I use Frontline SPRAY...this way I can get the legs and under cairrage of the dog and it works pretty well...I still check afer each outing before going inside.

I've had a tick borne disease 3 times now so I'm very cautious and still find ticks all the time. I can't wait to move to a dryer area without the large tick problem
Honey I live in the central California foothills where its as dry as hell usually and the ticks here ate horrific. Especially black legged deer ticks I used front line plus on both dogs on march first and even spray them with off each day and nothing helps prevent them from attaching and feeding I have to check them daily several times and before letting them in the house or car its only the 19th and found 30 ticks this morning after they explored our new neighborhood near yosemete in Sonora and each dog had at least 15 -20 ticks each and two had to removed the hard way as they had burrowed in deep to feed. .I'm at a loss as to what to do its my worst nightmare as my boxer is allergic and has serious allergies. Especially to red meat and new research suggests ticks can now be the cause of anaphalactic shock caused by red meat allergy brought on by tick bites. So I will have no choice but to keep my dogs inside for the rest of their lives if I can't find a safe tick control soon dry climates are suffering tick. Invesration too its getting worse with global warming. So try and do your part as I am to decrease your carbon footprint on mother earth because if we don't change our ways fast its only going to get much worse .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or