U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

9,018 posts, read 16,354,120 times

Advertisements

never have seen a boxer really drool - they may carry a little water with them in their jowels or get a little buildup after exercise - just wipe it quick with a paper towel .......... they don't sit there and just leak spit though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:47 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,666,734 times
Seems female's of the drooling breeds are the cleanest anyways. My female bloodhounds will you rarely see drool, but the males like to sling it and usually right after you give them love then they shake heads and wham sticky love from them.

Baby's drool and we not care we love them all the same.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 PM

807 posts, read 2,040,238 times
Even the thought of drool on the couch, floor, walls, or my neighbors dog is enough for us to lean toward the Standard. I think the Boxer is great dog and I like the thought that if anyone were to mess with my kids the Boxer would tear their heads off. Or at least persuade them to stay away. I had found what I thought would have been a great 15 month old Boxer at Tazmanian Boxers just north of Atlanta, (if anyone wanted to see her you can do a Yahoo search and click on future litters once you get there). Good luck w/ the pups.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM

152 posts, read 420,730 times
Aw puppy #2 looks just like my Bubba! I have had many different kinds of dogs in my life and I have to say boxers are my favorite. He only gets slimy when he eats and doesn't shed much. But one of my favorite things about boxers is they don't have a tail!!! After having labs and Great Danes the no tail thing is a dream!!! My kids feel the same way.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 PM

3,226 posts, read 12,842,798 times
Quote:
I think the Boxer is great dog and I like the thought that if anyone were to mess with my kids the Boxer would tear their heads off.
Uh, the Boxer would NOT do that. He or she may lick the person to death, and dance around in a circle.... but there would be no threat of aggression in any way.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:44 PM

807 posts, read 2,040,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Uh, the Boxer would NOT do that. He or she may lick the person to death, and dance around in a circle.... but there would be no threat of aggression in any way.
My appoligies, I had read a few articles and seen a few forum posts (not here) that said they are very protective of children and would lash out. I have also read they would show the thieves the fine china for a pat on the head.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,189,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
My appoligies, I had read a few articles and seen a few forum posts (not here) that said they are very protective of children and would lash out.
Well bred, well trained dog will never lunge at anyone! They will stand their grounds, they will not be intimidated, and they will not bite. They will let stranger know about their presence, in a calm dignifying manner.

Anything less, is a bad breeding/training.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 PM

9,018 posts, read 16,354,120 times
our 2 yr old just started getting protective - she never barks but the other day the neighbor behind us was getting a dish installed - looked like he was sitting on our wall - she definitely wanted to let him know that she was there and even after I calmed her down she didn't take her eyes off him

they can definitely get protective and will take action if people don't heed their warning - but usually you will get a solid warning first and most people are smart enough to not test it

Old 06-14-2008, 05:03 PM

7,079 posts, read 34,425,711 times
Boxers are wonderful dogs, but, as my friend, who is a vet, says, they're cancer factories.

I have another friend who's had three boxers in the 14 years I've known him and each one has died from a different kind of cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs