Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 560 times

Advertisements

I’m having the same problem with my Dog. I have a female Bully breed and I’ve even brought blankets, cushions, and pads. She takes them out and chew them. It’s cold and she sleeps on the ground. I have a male one also and he loves his dog house. Both was house dogs and I got tired of my house smelling like urine all day every day. What else can I do to get her to go in the house at night. It’s cold at night and I see her shaking all night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 09:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole2k3 View Post
I’m having the same problem with my Dog. I have a female Bully breed and I’ve even brought blankets, cushions, and pads. She takes them out and chew them. It’s cold and she sleeps on the ground. I have a male one also and he loves his dog house. Both was house dogs and I got tired of my house smelling like urine all day every day. What else can I do to get her to go in the house at night. It’s cold at night and I see her shaking all night.
you see your dog out in the cold and shaking and yet you leave her outdoors???? May I ask why?

wait,just saw that you put the inside dogs outdoors to live because you got tired of house smelling like urine. Are ya sure it was dog urine ?? But seriously why didn't you work with the dogs and instill in them the proper place to urinate and poop? Did you expect they are born knowing this information??
Please tell me you have re-homed these poor fur babies with a caring,compassionate and loving human being

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 03-20-2018 at 10:10 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 12:38 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Quote:
Find out why she is urinating in the house and train her to stop. Are they both fixed?

Even if she's inside a dog house it's still cold in the doghouse. It's not even close to being warm even with blankets. You could always crate her in the house at night when it's cold. Dogs don't usually urinate in the crate.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:31 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Quote:
You could train the dogs not to pee in the house...

Old 03-21-2018, 01:55 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Your dogs don't understand that you have "decided" not to allow them indoors. They want to be where you are....indoors. Its what she's used to. Their scent is all over the house. Now you are suddenly excluding her from an area that was hers. For all she knows she is being punished! The dog house may not smell welcoming or even belonging to her. You don't sleep in the dog house either. Why should she?

For pity's sake train your dogs not to pee in the house and you may not even need the things!

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-21-2018 at 02:26 PM..

Old 03-22-2018, 01:23 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
You could train the dogs not to pee in the house...
I know, right? In 12 years (since he was potty-trained as a puppy), my dog hasn’t once peed in the house - and that includes living in apartments for half of those years, and never being crated either. It’s not rocket science!

Clean the rugs thoroughly to eliminate the lingering odor, and potty-train those poor dogs. Also, a good amount of daily exercise should help with their boredom and destruction. Most bully breeds are high energy and sociable dogs, not suited for being thrown in the yard to entertain themselves.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:58 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
The dog is not stupid, someone else is.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:13 AM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
Y You don't sleep in the dog house either. Why should she?
What kind of logic is THAT?! Do you poop on the sidewalk? Do you eat the same meal, every meal, from the floor? Do you go out with a collar and leash attached to your neck? Were you taken in and sterilized without your knowledge or consent? Will someone else decide if and when you have babies and to whom you'll be bred? It's called a DOG house for a reason. Millions of dogs sleep in them at night. It used to be the norm for dogs to sleep outside in the dog house. He is providing shelter and warmth for the dog but the dog is choosing to remain cold rather than use it.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:48 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
What kind of logic is THAT?! Do you poop on the sidewalk? Do you eat the same meal, every meal, from the floor? Do you go out with a collar and leash attached to your neck? Were you taken in and sterilized without your knowledge or consent? Will someone else decide if and when you have babies and to whom you'll be bred? It's called a DOG house for a reason. Millions of dogs sleep in them at night. It used to be the norm for dogs to sleep outside in the dog house. He is providing shelter and warmth for the dog but the dog is choosing to remain cold rather than use it.
Oh. Come. On. This is a dog that had gotten used to sleeping/living indoors where the owner is. Now she's suddenly being forced to sleep in a cold unfamiliar box outdoors. Don't you think it might be confusing? You are choosing to be deliberately and annoyingly literal. IMHO you are also exhibiting the very traits of the bully dogs you fear and despise so rigorously...namely unprovoked and unpredictable aggression over nothing.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
Oh. Come. On. This is a dog that had gotten used to sleeping/living indoors where the owner is. Now she's suddenly being forced to sleep in a cold unfamiliar box outdoors. Don't you think it might be confusing? You are choosing to be deliberately and annoyingly literal. IMHO you are also exhibiting the very traits of the bully dogs you fear and despise so rigorously...namely unprovoked and unpredictable aggression over nothing.
What part of my comment could have possibly been construed as "aggression"?! It might be confusing. A change of situation for dogs generally is confusing, including being dropped off at a kennel for a week, left at the vet's office for a couple days and coming home with a cone, being left at the groomers all day, going to foster care... they adapt. Sleeping in the doghouse (or not) is certainly better than ditching the thing at the shelter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs