Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:38 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
Is it a PIA to put one in? I would have to get a new rear door because this has glass in all but about 1' of the bottom section.
Mike, if you have a Lowe's near you, you can buy the whole door with the doggy thing already installed and just have the door hung. Sounds MUCH easier to me...when the kitchen is remodeled, this is definitely on our "gotta have" list. They lock down for nighttime or when you're away and don't want the dog going out unsupervised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
I have a lab mix that was an outside dog and I had to train her to be inside.
The reason your dogs are getting into things is because of boredom. They need tons of exercise.
My dog needs to be walked or ran at least an hour, if not 2 hours to be tired out.
Take the time and get them exercised. Labs are too high energy to be left out in the yard all day with nothing to do.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:28 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,980,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Mike, if you have a Lowe's near you, you can buy the whole door with the doggy thing already installed and just have the door hung. Sounds MUCH easier to me...when the kitchen is remodeled, this is definitely on our "gotta have" list. They lock down for nighttime or when you're away and don't want the dog going out unsupervised.
Good info - thanks!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,349 times
We have 2 outside dogs. They Are Very Loved and Very Happy.They have never been in our home.Thats why there are dog houses.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Sanders View Post
We have 2 outside dogs. They Are Very Loved and Very Happy.They have never been in our home.Thats why there are dog houses.
Sorry, I know we're all entitled to our own opinions BUT I want to know why you even have dogs.....why? I just can't wrap my mind around having animals kept outside 24/7 and saying they'd never been in our home. IMHO, that's not a statement I would be proud of.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:19 AM

314 posts, read 1,105,189 times
This is more than a inside/outside issue. Much depends on the breed of the dogs and the role that dog plays in the family. I personally find it just as reprehensible that people take animals bred for generations to be active working partners to humans and force them into the role of a child-substitute. There are types of dogs that fit the house model well- Labs aren't one of them. If that's what you want, get a dog that will be happy-and healthy- in that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs