Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,286 times

Advertisements

We finally, after much struggling, have recieved our German Shepherds Akc registation papers. We have had him for about 8 weeks and are calling him demon. So far the we've come up with is Demon von Helmut (german for Brave). I like it but i don't love it. any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 12:42 AM

3 posts, read 25,873 times
I am not the best for picking out AKC names but I'll give it a whirl.

Demon Spawn (your last name)
Devils Dark Side
Darkness touches light
(your last name) Devil's Touch
(your first name) Lil Demon
A little touch of evil

*okay so some are really over extreme but like I said I'm not good with AKC names lol. Plus I have never called any of my pets demon or killer lol.
Good luck!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:54 AM

339 posts, read 1,435,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP_STUDIO View Post
Plus I have never called any of my pets demon or killer lol.
Good luck!
Me either. My grandmother always swore dogs tend to live up to their names. Beware of the Demons and Devils and such monkers, lol. My next dog's AKC name will be Angelic Never Poops On Rug.

You may want to ask on City-Data's dog forum for more name suggestions. All the dog fans in one spot are sure to have some creative ideas. Dogs Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

Copngrats on your new addition.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 AM

14 posts, read 60,343 times
What is the Kennel name? Maybe put that in the name, You can have up to 32 letters ( i think) but checks the AKC site to make sure! I hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,935,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny87 View Post
We finally, after much struggling, have recieved our German Shepherds Akc registation papers. We have had him for about 8 weeks and are calling him demon. So far the we've come up with is Demon von Helmut (german for Brave). I like it but i don't love it. any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!
This is how we named our sire. We took the definition of the word noun... peson, place, thing, idea, or qualities. It also works for the definitions of verbs and adjectives! Try It!!!! Our dog's call name is Gus. His registered name is AsparaGUS Fields Moonlight Serenade. Take the qualities of your puppy and your ideas or thoughts when you think of demons. It doesn't have to make sense nor does it ever. But it makes sense to you and your family. Good luck and tell us what you finally chose.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:53 AM

146 posts, read 369,308 times
looking for a name for pet? it should mean something to u and your family my son named are shepherd .... Miss sassy.... then your last name . just dont name your pet like a friend of mine did >>> dummy>>> u should see the looks he gets when he tell's his dog to go get the ball at the park "go get the ball dummy" ppl look at him as he was talken to them lol lol..

Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times
Did he have a name when you first got him??
You probably want something short. Short names are easier for dogs to respond, you don't want to get your dog attention by spending 4 seconds pronouncing his name lol.

Do you have a picture of him? It might be easier to come up with something when you actually see him.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 PM

21 posts, read 139,592 times
I have a german shepherd also - my breeder named each litter after something, this litter was named for town's in Cuba - he has named them after rock groups, just different things that would be able to have lots of responses. My shepherd is predominately black yet he has a tan/white coloring under his chin..the breeder nicknamed him white beard. he is registered under Oriente (which is the closest I could come to my last name and since I am not Cuban I have no idea about towns over there) but in our home he is known as Diesel. But I would try to stay away from the demon names also

Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,525,040 times
Mine all named for a purpose evolving around something Search and rescue even though may not seem it.
Best is look at personality and go from there something pop into head.
Someone said kennel name if thinking breeders kennel better ask first some do not want it and some require it.

My first hound is KR JASMINE NORTHERN DREAMS KR my and wifes 1st initial and was my first bloodhound a always been a dream and we live up north.
Stud is KR QUIET STORM OF RIB MOUNTAIN Rib mountain breeders kennel ID and he required it, quiet storm meaning calming family during trying times.
My rescue KR ROLLING THUNDER another stormy type id.
Pup from first litter I kept is KR ROSEBUD OF OUR HEART start of something great we hope.
Others we have are,
KR LUCKY NORTHERN STAR ( guidance)
KR RED RUBY SUNSET (always heard saying red sky in morning sailors take warning red sky at night sailors delight got that.)

Maybe AKC name of Angel among demons?

Old 07-06-2008, 08:36 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times
I'll toss out a few trickster names......

DIABLO

PUCK
Puck (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOKI
Loki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs