Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times

Advertisements

Oy, I am in San Antonio too. I will always to a blood test first. I have been calling vets regarding their Feb. special, hopefully, I will find one with a "group" discount.

If not, I will just pay it and "re pay" my account over the next few months

It is expected, yet still pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Ouch! Is that with pre-sugerical bloodwork? I pay $57 for scaling and polishing, removing all the nasty stuff and teeth look good as new. For the blood work it is like $95 (total with the cleaning).
Mine charges $65 and includes any teeth being pulled that need it, common with the rescues I take in. It really depends on where you live. My vet does spay / neuter, full vaccinations including rabies, HW testing, fecal and exam for $107. Of course that's a discounted price because of the rescue I do, but even so. Just for an appointment to get a rabies and 7-in-1 in Florida where we used to live was nearly $200. HW test ran $45 by itself. Fecal another $35. And spay / neuter depended on the species and weight of the animal which began at $195. Bringing home a new dog meant over $400 in medical bills right from the start.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Guess I'm lucky. My vet does cleanings for $185, and I feel very confident about the vet and his staff. Zoey's off for a cleaning next week. First time we've been apart since I adopted her a year ago!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 6,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
How far are you from the vet school at Davis? They might be a little less. Out here we pay less than $200 and that includes the pre-surgical blood work.
When was that? I just checked in March 09, their fee is $760.
Our regular vet charges $883. less a $40. credit voucher, it is just plain out of hand.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times
You can save money by brushing your dog's teeth. I mix up salt and baking soda with a little water and put it on a piece of cloth and use that to rub the teeth and gums. It kills the bacteria, cleans the teeth, and gets rid of bad breath. You can try it on your own teeth and see how well it works. Your teeth will be brighter within the week. I also clean my cat's teeth this way.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
My vet had a special for 99.00 Now it went back to 122.00 I think that is a good price, but then again I take my dogs to an affordable vet clinic.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:05 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Mine charges $65 and includes any teeth being pulled that need it, common with the rescues I take in. It really depends on where you live. My vet does spay / neuter, full vaccinations including rabies, HW testing, fecal and exam for $107. Of course that's a discounted price because of the rescue I do, but even so. Just for an appointment to get a rabies and 7-in-1 in Florida where we used to live was nearly $200. HW test ran $45 by itself. Fecal another $35. And spay / neuter depended on the species and weight of the animal which began at $195. Bringing home a new dog meant over $400 in medical bills right from the start.
I am in Florida, and for yearly visit, without the tag I pay 150. That includes fecal anals heart worm test, lyme test and shots, without the rabies since tat is good for 3 years. Dental is 150.00 to 200.00

Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,285 times
Just had our oldest boy teeth cleaned this week. $165.00 His teeth look so pretty now.
That was everything except the antibiotics the vet has us put him on them 5 days prior to cleaning & to continue 5 days after. They weren't much.
We LOVE our vet he is the greatest.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM

947 posts, read 3,408,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
You can save money by brushing your dog's teeth. I mix up salt and baking soda with a little water and put it on a piece of cloth and use that to rub the teeth and gums. It kills the bacteria, cleans the teeth, and gets rid of bad breath. You can try it on your own teeth and see how well it works. Your teeth will be brighter within the week. I also clean my cat's teeth this way.

Great suggestion! Wolfx3!

I have not used your idea but I do use this product:
Petzlife Oral Care Gel

and it works great for kitties too. Pieces and I mean a good amount of plauge/tarter just released it self from teeth!
I do brush too, finger, or cloth work well too, well cloth does work a bit better though, but if your doggie doesn't like that there are a few doggie toothpastes on the market, just do not use human toothpaste.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM

452 posts, read 1,722,615 times
Mine had hers cleaned last month (90.00) and I brush them every nite with a doggie toothpaste flavored like peanut butter...but I'm going to try the salt and baking soda....she's very tolerant of having them brushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs