Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,217,304 times

Advertisements

Someone on here had suggested (in another thread) a website called Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost I looked up the one you were questioning and is looks horrible. Dog Food Reviews - Hills Prescription C/D - Powered by ReviewPost

If it were me I would never feed my dog anything where the first ingredient was corn...vets know better but love those corporate kickbacks....
Also Solid Gold (www.solidgoldhealth.com) has a cranberry/blueberry supplement called Berry Balance that you can sprinkle on the dogs food to help with UTI and kidney problems.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:10 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Merrick is the name of the dog food as is Natural balance. These are not sold at supermarkets and even some name Pet stores don't carry them. When I was looking for a particular dog food I went to their website and found where it is sold in my area. Neither PetSmart or PETCO sold it

You can check here to see how they are rated and what is in them. You can then compare other foods that may be the same or better..
Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost
Thanx for the info. Keeper...I will read into it!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 8,060 times
I feel like Im a little out of place in saying this, but I've had my little maltese on CD for over 4yrs. now and she has never piddled again. My ****zu is on Science Diet UD, I believe, for something else and both of my dogs are entering the older stages in life (10 and 11) and they both still look and act like puppies. People often comment on how cute my puppies are (and I swear this is the truth). They've both been on Science Diet Products most of their lives, although in the past 4 yrs they gone to the prescription diets.

I hope this helps as a different opinion on this

Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,435 times
My 13 yr old dog has 3 crystals in her urine. The vet said to give Science Diet CD. He said the crystals and the slight liver problem could be dental related or too much protein in the food. I give her INNOVA SENIOR dry with a tablespoon of AVODERM LITE canned on top. The vet said the Innova was too high in protein and wants me to give her Science Diet CD. After seeing the ingredients, there is no way. I'm going to the store for vitamin C and cranberry extract. Any suggestions on food? Thanks.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 7,071 times
Pug on 3rd UTI, has crystals and some blood in urine. Tried the C/D was allergic to it. Switched to Van Patten fish and sweet potato and infection came back. Now trying Purina DRM. On cephalexin 250 mg, 1 pill 2 times a day and also 1 pill of Methionine (200 mg) to get that ph down. was up to 8. Once we get the infection cleared up, vet wants to try some cranberry extract or get her to drink cranberry juice. Was x-rayed and no stones. Has anyone used the purina DRM food for uti's?

Last edited by Karen Kempf; 03-26-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 03-27-2010, 08:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Sometimes, when you have a sick dog or dog with issues, you just have to go with what works for that dog. If it's Science Diet . . then so be it. That's how I see it. Many people have dogs with liver shunts that are kept on prescription diets for life . . . before that . . . they were barely functioning. Again, I say, if your dog has specific health issues and this particular food works for that dog . . . then that's the best food for THAT dog. May not be the best food for every dog . . but you get my drift. Feed what works for YOUR dog.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,270,506 times
Thumbs up Cranberry extract...

I have a ?

Some of you have been talking about cranberry extract for the dogs...

Is this pill form, liguid (dropper) form, softgel form, capsule form ?

How many mg, for a 70 pound dog ?????????????????????

I have found 140 mg. softgels capsules
I have found 420 mg. softgels capsules

Last edited by Sillypups; 03-27-2010 at 07:19 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 12,476 times
My 3 yer old pug Teddy had crystals that cause a near blockage. Rather than surgery the Vet put him on S/D to try and dissolve the crystals by lowering the Ph in his urine. It worked the crystals dissolved and no surgery for my little boy. We now feed him the c/d t keep his diet in check and keep it low in magnesium which is what he was turning into crystals. All I know is he has been healthy for a year and likes the food.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 12,476 times
Oh I hope he gets better I am so sorry about the allergy, my little guy responded well to it. Hope u find the right answer

Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,224 times
Default Uti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimenow View Post
One of my neighbors has a female Peke, about 3 yrs old with UTI. Her dog is on this diet and eats nothing else, the vet said no treats of any kind, just this food. So far there's been no change in the dog's UTI, going on for about 3 months now, but I know my friend has cheated a bit on the treat side. The dog seems to love the food -- I keep a small supply at my house for treats when they come over -- my dog likes it too, and he is very picky about what he eats. They are trying to stick to the diet, I'll let you know how they make out with it.
Take 2-2 1/2 cups CD diet and put in blender. Add some oregano and mix with water to make a cookie consistency. Put small teasppons on cookie sheet. I put foil on my cookie sheet..Bake 350 for 30 minutes. My dog loves them and has to be on CD science. These must be refrigerated after cooling. Do not make to many at on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs