U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 15,893 times

Advertisements

We have a beautiful blue pitbull (Tyson) we would like to breed but we are having a hard time finding anyone that has a female blue. Does anyone know where we can find a blue female? Please let me know. Thanks

P.S. I know that people think that pitbulls are terrible dogs but unless you own one, you cant speak on the subject. I would trust my dog with anything, including children. A dogs temperment is made by the way he is raised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 04:19 PM

47 posts, read 210,499 times
Well, I'll probably get negative rep points for this, but please reconsider your plans. Pitbulls or any other breed. There were 40,000 homeless dogs euthanized in Utah last year. Rescue groups are overrun and foster homes are hard to find. Visit Best Friends Animal Sancuary in Kanab before you think about breeding. Thanks for thinking about this.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 PM

45 posts, read 222,893 times
I am a retired securities trader who was driven by poverty and greed to working with humans for 40 years.Pit Bulls,German Shepherds are innately kinder,gentler and nowhere near as evil and Machiavellian as human beings.
What am I saying?Human Beings are to blame for any and all problems that a dog has--or problems dogs cause,
Solution?Euthanize 40,00 humans per day,beginning with our lovely Washington D.C. populace.Leave the Dogs and Horses alone for now.
Think about it.
C.D.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,470,442 times
It kind of upsets me when I hear of people breeding any breed of dog. I have nothing against "pit bulls"... My husband and I own 2 American Pit Bull Terriers and I would have to say that APBTs are by far my favorite breed. So, me saying this has NOTHING to do with the fact that you are trying to breed a "pit bull"... But, I just feel like its not right. There are so many back yard (I ma not say that you are.. lol) breeders out there that dont care what happens to their puppys as long as they get paid! There are so many dogs that get put to sleep everyday because they have been sitting in shelters for so long and no one has adopted them! People are going to do ehat they want to do, I just dont think it is right or good to bring a litter of new puppys into the world when there isnt even enough homes for all the dogs that are already here. Ya know?

Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,428,233 times
I am sure glad we have another pit bull thread because there are only 14,000 on City-Data so far.

But I agree with the posters that advocate adopting rather than breeding.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:36 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,769,243 times
Lightbulb yes~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
It kind of upsets me when I hear of people breeding any breed of dog. I have nothing against "pit bulls"... My husband and I own 2 American Pit Bull Terriers and I would have to say that APBTs are by far my favorite breed. So, me saying this has NOTHING to do with the fact that you are trying to breed a "pit bull"... But, I just feel like its not right. There are so many back yard (I ma not say that you are.. lol) breeders out there that dont care what happens to their puppys as long as they get paid! There are so many dogs that get put to sleep everyday because they have been sitting in shelters for so long and no one has adopted them! People are going to do ehat they want to do, I just dont think it is right or good to bring a litter of new puppys into the world when there isnt even enough homes for all the dogs that are already here. Ya know?

If you are keeping the puppies- that is fine- but PBM has a good point- I have seen beautiful loving dogs at kill shelters- that being said I have an 11 year old shar-pei (I would love to have his offspring)- but I could only keep one puppy- and even if there were just two others- I myself would lie awake thinking where are they.... are they okay?

(sort of like giving up a child) I know that may sound extreme, but when you look at some of the sad results of too many dogs- and euthanasia- its important to consider.

sunny

Old 05-19-2007, 05:53 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,317,826 times
Please - do not breed while dogs die in shelters every day...do the responsible thing and have your pet altered and don't contribute to the massive pet overpopulation in the world today. It is back yard breeding such as this, where you are taking a totally unknown quantity and mixing it with what is your family pet, but you don't know about health issues or the breed line. Please leave the breeding to Code of Ethics breeders - there is no telling where those precious little puppies could end up, and we all know what goes on with the bully breeds with dogfighting, etc. Please - just say no.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 PM

12,436 posts, read 31,483,930 times
You do not sound like you know much about breeding. Blue to Blue breeding is a big no no. Please spay....

Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,317,826 times
Default Spaying versus breeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
You do not sound like you know much about breeding. Blue to Blue breeding is a big no no. Please spay....
Thank you, Katie-

I do not profess to be any kind of authority on breeding, or anything really about the breeding requirements for blues. I DO know enough to know that any unsanctioned breeding by anyone other than a COE breeder is dangerous for health and temperament and overpopulation reasons. There's a reason a breed standard is in place - to protect and preserve the finest qualities of the breed by those who are willing to walk the walk and have their dog qualified. It's not just blues, it's any breed - this is how we end up with dogs with massive health problems, mental problems, and everything else under the sun, dogs that are temperamentally and physically unsound. And indiscriminate breeding (for that is what this is, I don't care how AKC registered your animal is - the AKC would paper a skunk if the right forms were presented) and unsound animals are one reason the so-called bully breeds are under fire - and why there is such a need for rescue. I would ask the OP to reconsider their position before their cute little puppies end up in a fighting pit somewhere, being used for bait. I have a Rottweiler that was pulled as a pup from a fighting pit - and it's been 4 long, hard years of rehabilitation for a dog with multiple bite marks, parts of his ears missing, and a broken nose and broken skull. He is my heart dog - I have a lot invested in him emotionally - but at the end of the day I think he knows he's one lucky guy. Most aren't so lucky.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:17 PM

12,436 posts, read 31,483,930 times
Gee the others said all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or