U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
12,386 posts, read 31,337,219 times
Reputation: 8076

Advertisements

Something else EVERYONE should fill out....

http://estateplanningforpets.org/pet-info-sheet.pdf

http://www.mypeticulars.com/long-term-pet-care.html

Last edited by Katie1; 08-15-2008 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Midwest
4,210 posts, read 7,109,796 times
Reputation: 7032
God bless you, bellestar. Most critters I've known are nicer than most folks I've known. Obviously you and a number of other posters here are exceptions to that rule.

It is incredible that those folks would have done such a negligent thing. You saved that fool's butt, whether he knows it or not.
If he'd been reported for negligent animal cruelty resulting in death, he could be in some warm water with his CO or with civilian authorities. And if the civilians contacted his CO, that would be one degree less fun for the fool.
Do I sound like Mr. T yet?

And not a word of thanks or why did you interfere with my animals to you? I'd be tempted to say something next time I saw someone over there.
I already have one neighbor who stopped speaking to me because I reported his dogs out barking constantly starting at 5 am.
And he's PO'd at me!
I'm sorry he wasn't around when I knocked on his door, to request a little quiet since not everybody gets up at zerodarkthirty.

I hope this fool gets his instant karma lesson soon.

Thanks so much, in the name of all God's critters, for caring for the stupid neighbor's pooches.
Too bad Owner is an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 12,945,619 times
Reputation: 1377
UPDATE:

the neighbor just showed up at my door with my metal trough in hand and asked "is this yours?" and i said "yes, that was what i was using to give water to your dogs".
he replied "yes, the other neighbors were watching them while we were gone"
i said "oh ok, where is your sheetzu?"
he replied "we had him with us on our trip"
i said, "ok, i was just worried because i didnt see anyone taking care of them"
he just nonchalantly said "thank you"
and that was it...........

i forgot to mention that regardless of whether someone was coming out there to give water and food, that there is NO shelter from the blaring sun and 100 degree heat..............but i dont think that it would have phased him. i guess you just cant change people.
what i dont understand is why they didnt ask me. i would have let their dogs be in my yard and house!!!
maybe cuz the other neighbors have a son, who has bonded with their kids....
oh well.
i am still upset about it. i wish they had told me they were going away and how the dogs were being cared for. i guess they just didnt think that they needed to tell me, since i really dont know them etc.......
but think, i could have gone as far as gotten animal control to catch those dogs out loose in the neighborhood and their dogs would have been locked up, and they would have been FINED!!!
and another thing, if the neighbors were taking care of the dogs, how could they NOT have seen that the fence was broken and there was one post missing and the dogs were getting in and out!????
if i were taking care of the dogs, and keeping them at their house instead of mine, i would have made it MY job to somehow fix that fence or at least block it somehow so the dogs would be maintained safely in their yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
12,386 posts, read 31,337,219 times
Reputation: 8076
Maybe it was the KID caring for them... & we all know how kids are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
1,479 posts, read 7,013,976 times
Reputation: 1908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
if i were taking care of the dogs, and keeping them at their house instead of mine, i would have made it MY job to somehow fix that fence or at least block it somehow so the dogs would be maintained safely in their yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belle, you WERE taking care of the dogs. You gave them better care than their owners provided for them in their absence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 12,945,619 times
Reputation: 1377
thanks. yes i did. i just dont understand people. they take dog ownership so lightly. i may be neurotic about my dogs-people at work laught at me when i talk about my dogs, thinking i'm a nut case because of the way i baby them. oh well.
matter of fact, some men i have met, have given up pursuing me because they dont understand why i cant just leave my dogs for the night alone at home, and that i actually pay big bucks to board them in a doggy dude ranch with webcams etc when i go out of town. i dont care. i dont want a man who doesnt care as much as i do about dogs. and if i cant find one that does, i would rather live the rest of my life alone with my dogs thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorah View Post
Belle, you WERE taking care of the dogs. You gave them better care than their owners provided for them in their absence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 12,197,571 times
Reputation: 3010
Oh! Boy! I would have had words with that guy. I would have given him a piece of my mind. When it comes to animals I let the idiot owners know right from wrong. I found a dog laying on grass by the road of a home at 3am one time by my sons home......I put her in my sons sunroom for overnight. Went to neighbor behind my son with her in the morning. The idiot owner did not even know his dog was missing. He said he had a doggie door and his dogs go in and out all day and all night and the little fat pitbull jumps over the four foot fence....well he closed off that doggie door at night now...boy did I give him a mouthful in a polite way! And you should have seen what I saw last night in the Walmart parking lot...a home made steel cage with hardly any ventilation strapped to the back of a small pickup truck...get this...it was about maybe 30 inches high and 36 inches wide....I thought I was seeing things at first, I said no way in this heat would anyone leave a dog in there. I parked my car and looked in that cage...OMG the guy had two big cute dogs in there plus a little one. He had a panel in the middle to separate the two big dogs. One was alone and the other had the little dog with him/her. They were suffering from heat exhaustion. I was in the store for and hour and when I came out that truck was still there. I called 911 and they could give two sheets....the operator said, "Lady it is hot outside for humans too! I told her yea but we are not squished in a cage like that. Those dogs could not stand up in that cage and I do not know how the idiot even got them in. They barely fit in there. I was sick all night with no sleep! I got the plate number and am calling the Humane Society on Monday.....trust me, I am not done with that situation yet! People make me sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 12,197,571 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
thanks. yes i did. i just dont understand people. they take dog ownership so lightly. i may be neurotic about my dogs-people at work laught at me when i talk about my dogs, thinking i'm a nut case because of the way i baby them. oh well.
matter of fact, some men i have met, have given up pursuing me because they dont understand why i cant just leave my dogs for the night alone at home, and that i actually pay big bucks to board them in a doggy dude ranch with webcams etc when i go out of town. i dont care. i dont want a man who doesnt care as much as i do about dogs. and if i cant find one that does, i would rather live the rest of my life alone with my dogs thank you very much
You are funny! I am the same way, right now I am with a man who turned out not to be such an animal lover....his time is up soon! Boy what I would not give to live alone with just my dogs again! People who are not animal lovers think we are all nuts....who cares! Not me! We have to make up for those idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 12,197,571 times
Reputation: 3010
I never wanna find out! Bad enough my insignificant other left the gate open once and of course my deaf Lyla wandered out with my Suzie. I drove around the block and found them both! Thank God! I was going nuts with the deaf one loose! I had just caught her coming out from behind someones backyard....a minute later or earlier she might have been still back there and I would have never found her. Suzie was down another block! My other pitbull got out once but I trained her when she comes to the door after her wee doodie in the backyard she gets a treat. So when she got out of the open gate once I found her sitting at the front door waiting for her treat!
Now they all get a treat when they come in from their wee doodie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2008, 05:31 AM
 
4,127 posts, read 13,262,402 times
Reputation: 3756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Oh! Boy! I would have had words with that guy. I would have given him a piece of my mind. When it comes to animals I let the idiot owners know right from wrong. I found a dog laying on grass by the road of a home at 3am one time by my sons home......I put her in my sons sunroom for overnight. Went to neighbor behind my son with her in the morning. The idiot owner did not even know his dog was missing. He said he had a doggie door and his dogs go in and out all day and all night and the little fat pitbull jumps over the four foot fence....well he closed off that doggie door at night now...boy did I give him a mouthful in a polite way! And you should have seen what I saw last night in the Walmart parking lot...a home made steel cage with hardly any ventilation strapped to the back of a small pickup truck...get this...it was about maybe 30 inches high and 36 inches wide....I thought I was seeing things at first, I said no way in this heat would anyone leave a dog in there. I parked my car and looked in that cage...OMG the guy had two big cute dogs in there plus a little one. He had a panel in the middle to separate the two big dogs. One was alone and the other had the little dog with him/her. They were suffering from heat exhaustion. I was in the store for and hour and when I came out that truck was still there. I called 911 and they could give two sheets....the operator said, "Lady it is hot outside for humans too! I told her yea but we are not squished in a cage like that. Those dogs could not stand up in that cage and I do not know how the idiot even got them in. They barely fit in there. I was sick all night with no sleep! I got the plate number and am calling the Humane Society on Monday.....trust me, I am not done with that situation yet! People make me sick!
Am surprised how cavalier their attitude was, I thought they were pretty in tune w/ stuff like that but I guess dogs are low priority on their list, possibly it was just a bad time and they were busy w/ whatever. If you (or anyone) is ever in the same situation, it might be a good idea to take a picture w/ your cell phone (if you have one and if it has that feature) so they can actually see what the poor dogs were going thru (maybe send it to the local newspaper where they can publish it in their Letters to the Editor) - the poor dogs . Good luck on Monday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top