Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 06:49 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,273,639 times

Advertisements

We've lived hear almost a year and just recently my hub noticed that Cody runs faster down certain roads ...all roads that lead back to home.
He said Cody doesn't run fast when going away from home but going towards home he leads like a sled dog.

I found it kinda funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 07:58 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Hope I never find out. LOL

Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,907,926 times
No matter where we go with our dogs in the car, they invariably fall asleep. They doze soundly until we get about a mile from our house; then they wake up and start looking out the window. Doesn't matter what the weather is, day or night, highway or backroads, they know when home is near.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,273,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorah View Post
no matter where we go with our dogs in the car, they invariably fall asleep. They doze soundly until we get about a mile from our house; then they wake up and start looking out the window. Doesn't matter what the weather is, day or night, highway or backroads, they know when home is near.
so does cody!!!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,191 times
I've got a fenced in back yard, but one time I accidentally left the gate open. I had the front door open and something caught my attention through the screen door. There was my dog out of nowhere. I thought it was funny that he had the opportunity to go wherever he wanted and he just went to the front door.

He's chased rabbits into the woods and I had to go get him in pitch black. That wasn't fun.

He always stares out of the window when we go somewhere. My brother thinks he is getting his bearings.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:24 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,417,348 times
We walk our Shih-Tzu twice a day - for about 1/2 hour around the neighborhood. We live in a townhome community which pretty much looks all similar. As soon we as get close to our street, she starts forging ahead, almost pulling us. As we approach our house, Dalai makes a beeline to our font door. It amazes me that she knows exactly which house is ours, especially given the fact that we've been here less than 3 months.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times
We've noticed the same with our 2 Goldens. They are walked regularly, and always, once we are nearing home, they seem to pick up the pace. I think they've came equipped with their own GPS!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,610,633 times
I go all over the place showing dogs and they just lay on the seat. We get off the ramp to our town and everyone is excited. They know they are close to home. Any other ramp I take leading to home has the same effect. Yet a ramp leading anywhere else has absolutely no meaning to them.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:01 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,610,633 times
A cute story that this reminds me of. My mom who was recently widowed at the time got a visit from the neighbor explaining that her 2 poodles would leave thru the front gate and return thru the back gate. The gates were closed and they had to squeeze hard to get out, Upon investigating we found they were going to the corner market and then on to the other end of the block to the corner bar. Returning home they would go to the back door to be let in for lunch. This was the same walk my father would take them on each day. Along the way he stopped at the bar and the market to visit friends. Both places informed us that the dogs would walk in each day and just sit quietly and take treats. Luckily no one stole them. Mom reinforced the fence gates and we took them for walks.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:32 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,730,574 times
We have had our rescue dog for 10 months and he has adjusted well. I now walk him off leash and he proceeds to run to the front door after we turn the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs