U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM

694 posts, read 1,589,833 times
I love these pictures - keep them coming! Black dogs and cats always look so sleek to me.

Riveree I love your dogs eyes - beautiful!

Molo your cat is too cute and so are the pups!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,372,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
I love these pictures - keep them coming! Black dogs and cats always look so sleek to me.

Riveree I love your dogs eyes - beautiful!

Molo your cat is too cute and so are the pups!
Thanks my cat, Church, is a Halloween kitty (born Oct 31, 1996). When I went to my Aunt's friend's house she claimed my heart and has been my heart kitty ever since. I even got a tat of her on my shoulder.

The dogs are my pride and joy. They are just big lap dogs.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 AM

396 posts, read 755,269 times
I didn't hear about the black dog syndrome until recently. Too late because I already have two black dogs.

It's sad to think that people would pass up a great black dog because of color. You know, in the horse world, we say, "You can't ride color" to those people who are snubbing their nose at a horse they think is less than beautiful. If it won't buck me off or runaway, then that's my kind of horse.

LCG

Old 09-16-2008, 08:58 PM

694 posts, read 1,589,833 times
Yep they are gorgeous! Riveree I have to spread some reps around before I can give you more - but you get 100 for adopting a dog with what seems like two strikes against it - color and breed. Way to go!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,181,983 times
My best friend adopted the most beautiful, precious black doggie. Her personality, not her color, is her charm. Never heard of this aversion. So sad.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 AM

85 posts, read 237,112 times
I HATE the BDS!

I've had a beautiful clownish pittie girl in my home since APRIL of this year and geez! She has had interest, but nothing serious. And not only does she have a black coat, she has gorgeous brindle undertones in her fur that are terribly hard to catch on camera. She smiles well and really has tons of personality.

I just want her adopted She needs to be the center of someone's world who can lavish her with the attention she deserves.

Back in April...

June?

And the end of August..

And then a video of this silly dog for extra good measure of the personality these pooches have:

Old 09-18-2008, 11:21 AM

1,013 posts, read 3,010,934 times
I've never heard of this. I actually prefer black dogs, lol! I think its because all the family dogs we had while I was growing up were black. We recently adopted a new pup and I was drawn to her because she was black. I think because she reminded me of my childhood dogs.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM

8,204 posts, read 22,804,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
Yep they are gorgeous! Riveree I have to spread some reps around before I can give you more - but you get 100 for adopting a dog with what seems like two strikes against it - color and breed. Way to go!
Aww, thanks, but really, she did all the choosing, I just opened the front door .

Old 09-18-2008, 09:32 PM

8,204 posts, read 22,804,559 times
Cute doggie, Lpyrbby !

Love the video of her doing the pit bull slide, LOL, they all love doing that, don't they?!

She has the nice white blaze and little socks and she seems to be pretty mellow....the right folks will find her I'm sure and she's lucky to be with you in the meantime .

Old 09-21-2008, 03:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 26,459,860 times
I've heard of this with cats, and on the flip-side, many shelters won't adopt out black cats through October - in case somebody has ill intentions for Halloween. I have been owned by a beautiful long-haired black cat, my namesake Gizmo... and my dog Rudy is mostly black too. I didn't adopt them for that reason, but I have a particular affection for the personalities of black cats. So if/when I'm looking to get another cat, I'd love for it to be a black one.

Here's Gizmo (she died in 2001)

And Rudy... they are hard to photograph, especially indoors!

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-21-2008 at 03:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs