U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:59 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,186,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Blondie, you're right and I don't mean to diss any countries but I have to say...Latin America in general is not very animal friendly. I've lived in Mexico and while living there I've witnessed first hand the saddest animal cruelty incidents. I'm a huge animal lover and can't stand animal cruelty in any form. You see stray dogs being beat, ridiculed, kicked at, hit, being run over, WITHOUT any sense of remorse, in fact it's sickening how some people seem to enjoy it. I once saw a group of guys in a big truck see a stray dog and speed up as if to run over it on purpose, as they left one of them stuck his head out of the window and look back and laugh at the crying dog! I was disgusted, sad, angry. The poor, whimpering dog ran in a dazed state and collapsed a few feet in front of me. I'm still haunted with that image even though it was so long ago. The sad thing is that it's so common . Nobody else seemed to be disturbed, I was the only one practically crying. I'm glad I haven't witnessed something like that here, if I ever saw anybody abuse or neglect an animal I will not contain myself...those people would get a piece of me.

That is horrific! It goes on here too.....I saw it! I arrived at a shelter to do rescue and they had a Jack Russel Terrier in a kennel with its tail cut off by a scissor or knife...some idiot did this! The dog was screaming in pain...I could not stand it and demanded they call a vet..well they did and put the poor thing down! So this goes on right here in America! People that do not do rescue are not aware of what goes on. I am haunted by my images too! And there were many! This is why I had to get out! And now I am in a state where it is worse....sheesh! They have the gas chamber here there are so many. How barbaric is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 06:09 PM

946 posts, read 2,508,241 times
Fortunately there are kind people who care popping out. Just a few weeks ago in the news I heard of a dog rescue shelter in Mexico City that existed thanks to a millionaire benefactor who donates I think it is $70 thousand every month...if it wasn't for that sole man that place wouldn't exist. Thank God for people like him.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM

946 posts, read 2,508,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
That is horrific! It goes on here too.....I saw it! I arrived at a shelter to do rescue and they had a Jack Russel Terrier in a kennel with its tail cut off by a scissor or knife...some idiot did this! The dog was screaming in pain...I could not stand it and demanded they call a vet..well they did and put the poor thing down! So this goes on right here in America! People that do not do rescue are not aware of what goes on. I am haunted by my images too! And there were many! This is why I had to get out! And now I am in a state where it is worse....sheesh! They have the gas chamber here there are so many. How barbaric is that?
That's horrible! That's why I'd rather just keep my eyes and ears shut, I'm too sensitive to that stuff and hearing things like that just outrages and saddens me too much. . I could never work in an animal shelter or be a vet, I love animals too much to see them suffer.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:58 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,186,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Fortunately there are kind people who care popping out. Just a few weeks ago in the news I heard of a dog rescue shelter in Mexico City that existed thanks to a millionaire benefactor who donates I think it is $70 thousand every month...if it wasn't for that sole man that place wouldn't exist. Thank God for people like him.
That rich lady that left 2 million for the care of her Bichon supposedly left over 12 million or more towards animal welfare. I wonder if any animals will actually benefit from or see that money helpwise! Alot of safe shelters could be opened with all that money. I hope it comes into perission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or