U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:12 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,385,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
We can approach a strange dog in ways other people cannot...call it an aura of trust that we expel towards them!
Alright, keep believing that.

Quote:
Most men do not have it! Might have to do with a lower IQ thing!
Oh man...

I'm not sure what I can add to this that's relevant, but I will say this whether it's relevant or not...

I've been around a few owners with XX chromosomes that were supposedly experts, been through numerous obedience classes, trials, etc. Yet, when their 50 lbs. lab or APBT got in a pseudo fight their commands were rendered useless and they could do nothing to stop it. Yet, all it took for a guy that never met the dog was a stern command and physical separation and the dog responded. It was actually kind of amusing because in both instances the dogs followed the two guys around for most of the time and kind of ignored their owner.

But, I'm sure the opposite could happen as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 08:27 AM

10,425 posts, read 44,553,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Not me! Animal lovers and Rescuers are the least cocky as you say! We are bull headed when it comes to standing up for, protecting and speaking for the ones who cannot! We can approach a strange dog in ways other people cannot...call it an aura of trust that we expel towards them! Whatever it is, we were born with it and it works! Most men do not have it! Might have to do with a lower IQ thing!
Blondie you are my kind of friend. I cant give you anymore REPS so let me just say you are a great person out loud.

Im not sure that most men dont have it like you say but I sure do. I was born with it.

Good day to you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 AM

4,541 posts, read 13,093,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Blondie you are my kind of friend. I cant give you anymore REPS so let me just say you are a great person out loud.

Im not sure that most men dont have it like you say but I sure do. I was born with it.

Good day to you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto!

I think your BOTH great, animal people!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

702 posts, read 2,242,402 times
Ok as Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along?". We all have our strengths and weaknesses and we can put our strengths together and make a difference right? Strength in numbers yes?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM

4,334 posts, read 12,198,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
Ok as Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along?". We all have our strengths and weaknesses and we can put our strengths together and make a difference right? Strength in numbers yes?
Agreed, I just hope some of the others do too!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:33 AM

702 posts, read 2,242,402 times
That's the spirit! Let's put our heads together and help Brian H figure out an effective intervention that isn't going to result in someone or something getting hurt .

Old 08-26-2008, 01:46 PM

265 posts, read 1,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I didnt think blowing off steam would cause such contreversy!
I dont go around shooting all things bright and beautiful just because I can, but if I felt the situation warrranted it, I would shoot a dog no problem. That situation would most likely be with my two young ones, not when I am on my own. I can risk me getting bitten but I will not risk my children getting bitten.
How about just walking a different direction? or biking up another street, in addition to contacting animal control, etc.???

Old 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,648,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
There is only one route to the playground, and I will never change my lifestyle because of an irresponsible dog owner.
^^^^^^^
Sorry, he mentioned only one route. And he gets chased on the bike.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:33 PM

10,091 posts, read 36,761,761 times
Even if there were more than one route...how is taking another route going to help the small defenseless child who unwittingly crosses in front of this house. The homeowner needs to be aware of the [LEFT]concequences[/LEFT] involved in owning a dog such as this. I had a animal control officer tell me once (speaking about a neighbor who insisted on letting his very large aggressive dog out loose at night) that the only thing these kind of people understand is to be hit in the pocketbook. Fine, fine and fine again until he gets the idea!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 16,351,968 times
Exactly Shelby. AC has been informed, and no I not gonna go home and grab a gun and go postal on the dog. *If* I happen to be OC'ing or have a gun in transit I will use it with no second thought if I thought one of my kids was in danger, like they where that day. If it wasnt for my Staff's nature to defend the family rather than attack an agressive dog the outcome would have been MUCH different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or