Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,631,674 times

Advertisements

Teddie....I think you should keep Britches. My intuition from me to you says not to let him go. I think he is special to you and you to him! He fits like a glove into your home and probably your heart. Being a foster myself for years..sometimes a special one comes along and everything fits perfect and feels right. Not that you need another doggie.....but from the inside looking out....how happy that dog looks in your home and is home to him now..... I would not let him go! Just my relentless three cents!
I will keep my fingers crossed Britches gets to stay with you and spends the rest of his life swimming in that pool that he so loves!
Good luck with whatever decision you make....I just hope it is the right one for Britches sake! Because in the end , he would choose you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM

298 posts, read 702,353 times
Every word you write about him and every picture you take shouts out that Britches belongs right where he is. Please don't let him go and break his heart and yours. There is enough sorrow in life without creating it uneccessarily. And your many readers would miss him so much too!! A day without Britches pics is a day without sunshine.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:06 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,223,728 times
Aww...give Teddie a break! She's a foster home in the true sense of the word, and there surely aren't enough to go around...what what have happened to Britches if Teddie hadn't been willing to take him? He might have been another statistic...and we would have never known but still grieved for those that are lost every day.

Teddie's taken an awkward young pup and turned him into a self-confident, well mannered boy that someone will love in their home, whereas six months ago they might not have looked at him twice.

It's easy as a foster to be selfish and keep the great ones for yourself...I know, done that x about 8 times - but it's a harder thing to let go and take the next forgotten one and get them ready to roll out the door, and that's what foster homes do. I'm a terrible foster, I never let them move on!

I say God bless you, Teddie. If you didn't have a hole in your heart and a lump in your throat I'd say somehing was terribly wrong. As much as it will hurt, you will let go in the right place and at the right time - and you'll take another one that might not have made it but for you.

I would forewarn the adopters, though, about the power of City Data posters, especially when we all come together...they might want to make updates a regular part of their lives....

Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 AM

1,477 posts, read 7,893,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Aww...give Teddie a break! She's a foster home in the true sense of the word, and there surely aren't enough to go around...what what have happened to Britches if Teddie hadn't been willing to take him? He might have been another statistic...and we would have never known but still grieved for those that are lost every day.

Teddie's taken an awkward young pup and turned him into a self-confident, well mannered boy that someone will love in their home, whereas six months ago they might not have looked at him twice.

It's easy as a foster to be selfish and keep the great ones for yourself...I know, done that x about 8 times - but it's a harder thing to let go and take the next forgotten one and get them ready to roll out the door, and that's what foster homes do. I'm a terrible foster, I never let them move on!

I say God bless you, Teddie. If you didn't have a hole in your heart and a lump in your throat I'd say somehing was terribly wrong. As much as it will hurt, you will let go in the right place and at the right time - and you'll take another one that might not have made it but for you.

I would forewarn the adopters, though, about the power of City Data posters, especially when we all come together...they might want to make updates a regular part of their lives....
Sam, you say things so eloquently that the only remaining thing for me to say is, Amen!!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:23 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,631,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alle View Post
Every word you write about him and every picture you take shouts out that Britches belongs right where he is. Please don't let him go and break his heart and yours. There is enough sorrow in life without creating it uneccessarily. And your many readers would miss him so much too!! A day without Britches pics is a day without sunshine.

Looks like we are starting some kind of petition here Funny! Of course we would all want to see Britches remain where he is. It is what he has come to love! And you never forget your first love!
I think in the end Britches will stay right where he is!
He already made his choice known months ago!
Sorry Teddie, Just wanted to add my Four cents!
Besides Teddies work will not be done just because Britches chose to stay with her! Mine did not! Britches will only give her more insiration. She just has to realize that Britches will close the deal for more permanent doggies in her home...with a big smile and a splash in that pool!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:18 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,522,578 times
Sam and Leorah...exactly my thoughts! We need more great foster homes that are willing to work with their fosters as much as Teddy. We adopted one of our dogs from a fabulous foster mom like Teddy. I am still impressed with Pearl's foster mom till this day...and she has even become one of our friends ever since adopting Pearl 4 years ago. The foster mom has been able to see Pearl grow and shine in our home and with our love.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,178,718 times
Britches will be a great member of anyone's family, wherever he goes. Hope they keep us informed on how he's doing as he grows up!

Old 08-25-2008, 02:15 PM

692 posts, read 3,850,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post

Thank you.

I didn't want this to come off as I don't want to keep him, but to be comepletely honest if he did, fostering would be one less thing I could/ would do. I refuse to get into numbers I can not handle. I've seen it done with almost every other foster I work with and the dogs are the ones that end up unsocialized. Which ends in never being adopted.

The way this family sounds every time we talk to them they get better and better. Their dog sleeps in their bedroom, after work they come home to eat dinner and spend the rest of the day with their pup. They are true dog people that spoil their dog rotten. Both are super excited to come meet Britches today and see how things go.

I dont want ANYONE to think I wouldn't keep this love bug, but the whole reason i've taken in fosters is to find them that fabulous forever home. They can't all saty with me. As much as I want them too. I wen through this with my foster Runzel too. Britches is my 7th foster.. if I kept all of them I'd have 12 dogs by now. Teddie was the lucky one and got picked to stay here and call this place home. I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. I never have liked little dogs, but I put a lot of work into him and I truly don't think he'd survive without me now. Either that or he'd be put down in a city shelter. (No he's not that mean!)

Britches loves everyone and as long as he's well fed, played with, has a buddy, and some one has water of some sort (whether its a pool, sprinkler, or just a hose) he will be as happy as ever.

And I will say he has come a long ways. Looking back at his puppy pictures when he was all pink and pig like from the mange. If he had stayed in his foster home (Great woman, but a lot of dominant male dogs) he would have ended up another statistic. He came here so he wouldn't and he could grow to be a good dog. Never did I know he'd be this good.

Last and for most I don't want ANYONE to hold it against me when he does get adopted. He will never be forgotten ( I have like 900 pictures of the little squirt). In a later life I can see myself with another rescue pitty to actually adopt. Right now just isn't it.

We've gone through several people to find the right home. I've said it a number of times he's not going to just some home. It has to be the right fit and the right people that are ready to take on the responsibility of a pink pig.

I find it absolutely amazing the fact so many people on the forums I'm on have fallen in love with him. I will let you all know how the meeting goes today.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,893,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
I dont want ANYONE to think I wouldn't keep this love bug, but the whole reason i've taken in fosters is to find them that fabulous forever home...
Last and for most I don't want ANYONE to hold it against me when he does get adopted...I find it absolutely amazing the fact so many people on the forums I'm on have fallen in love with him. I will let you all know how the meeting goes today.
Teddie, no one in their right mind could fault you for finding the perfect forever home for Britches. By letting him go, you can open your door and heart to another dog and give foster number 8 their last, best chance, too.

It's not surprising that so many of us have fallen in love with Britches. Your photos, updates and stories have given us a window into Britches' life and made us all a part of the process of finding him a home. We are all much richer for it. What's really amazing is the power of a few keystrokes and pixels to touch the lives of so many people through the vehicle of City-Data.

I salute you...

Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 PM

960 posts, read 1,677,805 times
When Britches forever family comes along to take him to his new life...give that big baby a huge hug and a smooch for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs