U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Texas
692 posts, read 3,583,019 times
Reputation: 707

Advertisements

As some of you know Britches may only be here a matter of days now. Nothing is final, but just in case I wanted to make a thread or two with more pictures of Britches. He went swimming today and put a huge smile on my face. He will truly be missed here when he finds that perfect home.

He was such a good boy sitting, waiting to get in the pool


In 1


2..


3..


And he's in


Biting at the water




A video of him being a complete goof! But so funny..


** The end** Thank you for looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
 
7,079 posts, read 34,485,098 times
Reputation: 4037
He's going to make someone a wonderful companion!!

Nice pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Where I want to be!
6,196 posts, read 4,907,889 times
Reputation: 2577
I check out your pix all the time and have grown quite fond of Britches, looks so much like a dog we use to have. Thank you for all the effort and hard work you put into these cute babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Mostly in my head
19,820 posts, read 55,857,901 times
Reputation: 19007
Oh. no! A requirement of the new owners should be that they post updates of pictures of him. Tell us when It's settled, who he is going to. I know you turned down a lot of folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 12,208,703 times
Reputation: 3010
He is soooo cute! Great pics! Just hope he goes to a safe secure home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 PM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 16,298,940 times
Reputation: 7572
Awww....I hope this is the PERFECT family for Britches - he's like part of our family now! By all means, intro them to CD and tell them we demand updates!

Teddie - what a wonderful thing you have done for this boy. If my senior male wasn't a pistol britches (absolutely no pun intended!), I'd have scooped that boy from you a long time ago...

Crossing fingers that his forever home has been found!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,975 posts, read 17,569,199 times
Reputation: 5009
Hey Teddie...could you please make a video of Britches before he gets adopted with Whitney Houston's song "I'll Always Love You" in the background, please? I do think that that will be his sentiment for you, as is yours for him. I've watched him grow on City-data..I'll miss him here so if you could just make that one video... I'm happy and sad at the same time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
bjh
 
Location: Memphis - home of the king
30,418 posts, read 23,731,678 times
Reputation: 122270
In my next life I want to come back as a well-cared for dog like this one. I'd be poolside everyday the weather permitted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Living on 10 acres in Oklahoma
1,188 posts, read 4,954,653 times
Reputation: 1189
Yes, I do think there are many of us that have watched him grow up. When all is final and he is off to his forever home, please let us know a little about this family. I get a little knot in my throat thinking about him moving on and I didn't even foster this little man. I like Sam's idea of introducing the new family to City-Data so they can give us updates too!!!!

So who was the jealous on in the background barking in your video???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
692 posts, read 3,583,019 times
Reputation: 707
I couldn't not quote everyone. I hope making threads like this don't bite me in the butt again. They did once so I'm hoping this one turns out to be a good start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
He's going to make someone a wonderful companion!!
Nice pictures!
Thank you! I hope this is the right person for him. They always sounds so good, so I'm hoping this one turns out to be a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I check out your pix all the time and have grown quite fond of Britches, looks so much like a dog we use to have. Thank you for all the effort and hard work you put into these cute babies.
Thank you. I always say it, but it's so true. These fur kids have done a lot more for me than I have for them. Each and everyone one is very special..Britches is just that much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Oh. no! A requirement of the new owners should be that they post updates of pictures of him. Tell us when It's settled, who he is going to. I know you turned down a lot of folks.
Lol I will surely ask for updates.. Asking them to join a forum I'm on may make me sound a little stalkerish... but I WILL ask for updates. When and if I do get them I will be sure to post them here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
He is soooo cute! Great pics! Just hope he goes to a safe secure home!
We wont let him go if it's not the right home. I think I've turned down a good 10 people that have wanted him. So only the best for my little guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Awww....I hope this is the PERFECT family for Britches - he's like part of our family now! By all means, intro them to CD and tell them we demand updates!

Teddie - what a wonderful thing you have done for this boy. If my senior male wasn't a pistol britches (absolutely no pun intended!), I'd have scooped that boy from you a long time ago...

Crossing fingers that his forever home has been found!
Me too! I will make sure to give you any updates I get.
Keep your fingers and toes crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Hey Teddie...could you please make a video of Britches before he gets adopted with Whitney Houston's song "I'll Always Love You" in the background, please? I do think that that will be his sentiment for you, as is yours for him. I've watched him grow on City-data..I'll miss him here so if you could just make that one video... I'm happy and sad at the same time...
I will see what I can do. Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
In my next life I want to come back as a well-cared for dog like this one. I'd be poolside everyday the weather permitted!
Haha he is the first swimming/water dog I've had. None of my other fosters and none of the dogs I own. That will be missed too; I love when he gets in the pool with me. Keeps me company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
Yes, I do think there are many of us that have watched him grow up. When all is final and he is off to his forever home, please let us know a little about this family. I get a little knot in my throat thinking about him moving on and I didn't even foster this little man. I like Sam's idea of introducing the new family to City-Data so they can give us updates too!!!!

So who was the jealous on in the background barking in your video???
I have a permanent lump in my throat from the whole situation. I took him on a long walk today after he played in the pool. To the park and then to the schools parking lot to play fetch and toss the ball around. All I can think about is the house being empty without him here. Sad to think I could ever imagine the house empty when there are still 4 dogs. If we were looking for a 5th perm dog he would stay without any thought. I hope I'm impressed because it can't be just any home.. We're tuff critic.

And the dog you hear is Duncan. When ever we get in the pool I have to put up either Buster or Duncan. Buster is terrified of the pool and fears for us when we get in. So Duncan taks that op to bark, nibble and mess with Buster. That's how a fight broke out and now Duncan has a huge gash in his ear.. We haven't figured that one out yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top