Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:12 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Hannah Hound

Art With a Cause

Painting for Paws

Go Here>>>
http://www.painting4paws.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 11:15 PM

229 posts, read 232,412 times
Default Queen Kalea

She who sleeps on the couch when she thinks no one is looking
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Lovers-img_1108.jpg  

Old 02-13-2007, 11:23 PM

241 posts, read 998,258 times
My couch would break down if my Toby ever got on it! In this pic he is taking care of one of his kittens last summer on a cold day.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Lovers-img_1130.jpg  

Old 02-16-2007, 12:16 AM

229 posts, read 232,412 times
That is precious. I have an old cat and she puts the fuzzy white dog in her place.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times
The differences between northern and Southern Dogs/Dawgs

(Yankee) German Shepherd Dog
(Southern) Poh-leece Dawg.

(Yankee) Poodle
(Southern) Circus Dawg.

(Yankee) Doberman Pinscher
(Southern-2 versions) Bad Dawg, or Dobimin Pinches.

(Yankee) Beagle
(Southern) Rabbit Dawg.

(Yankee) Rottweiler
(Southern) Bad Dawg AND Mean As Heck Dawg. Good dawg to guard the still.

(Yankee) Yellow Lab
(Southern) Ol' Yeller Dawg.

(Yankee) Black Lab
(Southern) Duck fetchin' Dawg.

(Yankee) Greyhound
(Southern) Greased Lightnin' Dawg

(Yankee) Blue Ticks, Red Bones, etc.
(Southern) Prize Coon Dawgs.

(Yankee) Pekinese
(Southern) Mop Dawg.

(Yankee) Chinese Crested
(Southern) Nekkid Dawg.

(Yankee) Dachshund
(Southern) Wienie Dawg.

(Yankee) Siberian Husky
(Southern) Sled-Pullin' Dawg.

(Yankee) Great Dane, Mastiff
(Southern) Danged BIG Dawg.

(Yankee) Any lazy dog
(Southern) Good fer nothin' Dawg.

(Yankee) Any dog that's dead & buried & gone to Rainbow Bridge
(Southern) Best danged Dawg I ever had

Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,224,415 times
Man's best friend. I love the fact that my boys can talk to their dog about their day.

Dogs tend to make boys a little softer (I have 3 boys). They let boys know that if they are in trouble, even if dad is mad, there is still someone that doesn't care about the trouble they are in. The dog sleeps with them, and I let it happen. Shoot me.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
I think it's great the way everyone on this thread talk so positively about their "best friends."

I've had my two buddies for over 11 years now. Both were on "death row" so to speak when they picked me, and I honestly don't know what I would've done without them sometimes. Never judge me and are always there when I come home with their tails wagging. People might think I'm cookie, but you can see them smile. Their little faces light up with each wag of their tail

Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
Cute pics and wonderful stories!

I have two very special dogs...

Abby is a 13 yr old Border Collie. I adopted her at 4 weeks of age. She is my little warrior as she has battled cancer now for a few years.

and....she loves horses!!

M'Lady is a 2 yr old American Bulldog (mix) and she is a survivor as well!
I rescued her from a terrible situation while I was living in California.
She was left tied to a tree and abandoned by her owners in a yard next to mine. I fed her daily and gave her water over a locked 6ft privacy fence. That went on for 6 months until the day I moved. The week I was to move she somehow got over into my yard and what I had noticed next made me decide right then and there to help this poor dog. She was wearing a harness that was growing into her flesh. I rushed her to my vet where they performed surgery to remove this harness.
I was not about to bring her back to that yard and decided to take her with me when I moved in 2006.
Almost one year later the "life" has sparked back into her life and she is such a joy!...I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason...

Old 03-05-2016, 06:37 PM

325 posts, read 228,694 times
Hi I am new to this site and a new puppy owner. We just got a 3 month old rottweiler puppy and he is sooooo perfect for our family. Ive never owned puppy an wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but I have 2 children 6 an 8 an my father just passed from leukemia in october. We were really close an he was super close to my kids. Since he's passed I have been having a hard time so I bought max my rottweiler puppy to cheer me up.He definitely has been good for me he ,loves giving kisses on lips an last night My boyfriend and I kissed each other 3 pecks then come running my puppy thought he maybe was going to bite us but he ran to my face kissed me on lips then kissed my boyfriend! It was the coolest, funniest thing I have ever had happen to me by an animal an it just made me feel like he was saying 'Hey I want a kiss too'lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs