Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
LOL, they know when you are mad. I didn't even mention one other thing that happened, so all in all it was a pretty awful day, but it ended well. My issues of yesterday are going to take centre stage in the morning and I have lots of fires to put.

The thing is my dogs aren't destructive. They never chew on furniture although the younger pups (1 year old) love shoes especially flip flops, so I tend not to leave them lying around where they can get to them. What happened was so uncharacteristic of them...they never touch my mail. I have a home office and I also have a gal that comes daily to help me walk them as I can't walk all five. I pile them into the back of the SUV and we got to a wooded area close by with a lake and allow them let off steam for up to two hours - except for today.

I ended my day by watching the DVD that was spared and falling asleep on the sofa with 3 of them and 2 elsewhere in my living room.
Yep... I'm not mad anymore, either.

I was doing some drywall patch on the ceiling tonight. When I looked down, there was this little black puppy face with a big splatter of white drywall mud on it and I completely melted (not that I was still mad anymore, anyway)

Another missed adorable photo opportunity but I had drywall mud all over my hands and couldn't handle the camera!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,508 times
Quote:
One thing I can always count on this site, are the hand wringers and sanctimonious so and so's who think they know you from one post. Where in my post do I indicate rage or hurting them?

As for their punishment they are going without food for 3 days.

I'm sorry you found my reply so upsetting.

Last edited by Calidreemer; 09-08-2008 at 10:08 PM..

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,350 times
I have 4 dogs, all rescues. I got my last one, a year old shepherd mix, just a few weeks ago. The very first day, he got the very expensive and hard to replace orthotic for my arches out of my shoe and chewed it up. Was I mad at him? No. I was mad at me for not paying closer attention to what my new boy was up to. Most situations are like that around here. I don't get mad at my pack for acting like dogs. I do train them to know the difference between my stuff and their toys. I love them all dearly and they bring too much joy into my life to be angry with them. Oh, I never check my brake lights.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
I've decided not to pay the fine and I'm going to contest it. If they want to throw me in jail for a few days even weeks I'll do it. If I had been driving my 4x4 it would warn me, but I was driving something else...an older model car. I've already taken on the Planning dept for borough (county) I live in. One more fight won't hurt me.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I have 4 dogs, all rescues. I got my last one, a year old shepherd mix, just a few weeks ago. The very first day, he got the very expensive and hard to replace orthotic for my arches out of my shoe and chewed it up. Was I mad at him? No. I was mad at me for not paying closer attention to what my new boy was up to. Most situations are like that around here. I don't get mad at my pack for acting like dogs. I do train them to know the difference between my stuff and their toys. I love them all dearly and they bring too much joy into my life to be angry with them. Oh, I never check my brake lights.
We are all made up differently and although I just usually sigh on occassions when they do something naughty, there are times I'll get upset with them. I wouldn't be human if I didn't

Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,258 times
Quote:
Entered house just to find that a DVD I had ordered on Line had been delivered and my dogs had torn the package open, opened the case and had started chewing on one of the DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there were two DVDs...4 different movies, even though I only ordered one. Luckily the one I wanted is ok, but I am still really mad at them
Wow, it sounds like you did have a pretty bad day! I know I have had my days like that as well and it's not fun.

Quote:
Anyone else have days when you don't like your dogs.
Like I said, I have definitely had my share of bad days, but I can honestly say I have never had a day where I didn't like my dogs. I love my dogs as if they were my children, I could never hate them. No dog is perfect, just like no person is perfect, and I would never hate my dogs for that. Not to mention, dogs can't think like we do, the majority of the time when my dogs do something wrong, it's my fault in one way or another. I am the owner, the human, it's my job to make sure my dogs behave.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
I've decided not to pay the fine and I'm going to contest it. If they want to throw me in jail for a few days even weeks I'll do it. If I had been driving my 4x4 it would warn me, but I was driving something else...an older model car. I've already taken on the Planning dept for borough (county) I live in. One more fight won't hurt me.
I don't know about your legal process in the UK but here, if you bring along proof that you got your taillights fixed via a receipt and a written explanation from the mechanic, a judge is very likely to dismiss your ticket...

Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 AM

I just want to say thanks to everyone especially those that just didn't give me reps, but included their sentiments in the comments. I feel like such a worm for getting so outta line especially since it was all my fault. Not the brake lights, but something else that happend that I never mentioned to y'all. Still trying to sort it all out, but it was the kick up the backside I needed...long story

I've never been so rep'd in one day on one subject

Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,643 times
Quote:
I just want to say thanks to everyone especially those that just didn't give me reps, but included their sentiments in the comments. I feel like such a worm for getting so outta line especially since it was all my fault. Not the brake lights, but something else that happend that I never mentioned to y'all. Still trying to sort it all out, but it was the kick up the backside I needed...long story

I've never been so rep'd in one day on one subject
Do you want to tell us about it? It might help you feel better.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 AM

265 posts, read 1,292,411 times
Default Bibbit--check out health problems!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I got upset with my dog just recently. We were on the stair landing with my daughter and my son and we were petting him and rubbing his stomach. Out of the blue, he snapped at my son's face, barely missing his nose! It took everything out of me to not whack him right there! I mustered a stern "No!" and had the kids put him in the crate. For the longest time, we had deliberated on what made him do that since we never touched any part of him that would have made him lash out at my son's face. For two days, I was very upset. He was a stray and I brought him home, saved him from sure death either at the high kill shelter of the town I found him in, or just be one of the many road kills in that town. And here he was close to drawing my son's blood. For those two days, I ignored him, not once petted him. I think he knew. For a while, he stayed away and couldn't look me in the eyes, and he always approached me with head and tail down. He seemed really sad, but I was really angry and felt betrayed. He tried to be on my good side after that, sitting where he could see me but not coming close, as if apologizing. After two days, I petted him again and forgave him. However, I don't think I'll ever let my guard down like that again. As gentle as goldens are, because I will never know how he was treated at his former home, I'll think twice about having someone's face near his again.
I was JUST reading an article by Patricia McConnel in the last issue of The Bark magazine in which she deals with unexpected behavior often leading to a symptom of a health problem. Please check this out before mistrusting your dog...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs