U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 PM

12,396 posts, read 31,375,749 times

Advertisements

Thats ok by me. I gave you both reps
When I seen Mars recall I think candy bars When I see Pedigree I think Pet foods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,213,524 times
My local Genuardi's (Safeway) has pulled most of Pedigree. The young lady stocking the pet food area told me that dogs really like Ol' Roy. I had to tell her that Ol' Roy is only sold at Walmart. Anyway, we are trying a small bag of Paul Newman's. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 AM

177 posts, read 232,289 times
After the last episode of dog recall, I buy from a pet store in town that sales only natural pet foods. I buy now Chicken Soup both can and dry. It is pricey but worth it. Cans are now $1.48. But, we just give our dogs a little can food and mostly dry.

Also, when we got our dogs, two maltese, the cutest dogs you ever want to see, they both had red butts. Looked like gorilla butts. Now the food we buy them, their treats and dog food have no artificial colorings, flavors, no wheat products and corn, now the behinds are look normal. No more red or discolored behinds.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:52 AM

265 posts, read 1,152,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
After the last episode of dog recall, I buy from a pet store in town that sales only natural pet foods. I buy now Chicken Soup both can and dry. It is pricey but worth it. Cans are now $1.48. But, we just give our dogs a little can food and mostly dry.
DixieSherry, would that I had those prices! The Evangers cans I buy run $1.99 to $2.99 for the hand-packed! The latter just jumped a buck in the past coupld of months, and now that my dogs are hooked what can I do All of the healthy, natural foods have raised prices, and the place where I buy only raises on new stock--unlike the gas stations that bump it if not hourly, then daily!

Anyway, feeding healthy is a big expense, but it far outweighs the consequences of not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs