Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:05 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,958 times

Advertisements

Cute Goldens! My golden is also going to be a white faced. He will be 4 years old next month and he is just getting white around the eyes.
He is/was a serious destroyer. Not only does he destroy anything and everything, but he eats it too. He has had some very interesting looking poops. He now only gets a few indestrutible toys. He even eats rocks. I have seen turds that were half solid rocks half ****. That's just a vet bill waiting to happen. I had to put wire around all of my plants the first year. He would even eat rose bushes, the whole thing. He has just starting settling down. The first 3 years were rough. He lost his house privilages when we were not at home or sleeping because he ate a hole in the wall, chewed mouldings, started to tear up the carpet (caught him in the middle of the night on that one, that was when the doggie door got locked) I just started leaving the doggie door open last month. He has done great so far. We put some old boots in there as a test and they lasted 3 weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 05:09 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
Cute Goldens! My golden is also going to be a white faced. He will be 4 years old next month and he is just getting white around the eyes.
He is/was a serious destroyer. Not only does he destroy anything and everything, but he eats it too. He has had some very interesting looking poops. He now only gets a few indestrutible toys. He even eats rocks. I have seen turds that were half solid rocks half ****. That's just a vet bill waiting to happen. I had to put wire around all of my plants the first year. He would even eat rose bushes, the whole thing. He has just starting settling down. The first 3 years were rough. He lost his house privilages when we were not at home or sleeping because he ate a hole in the wall, chewed mouldings, started to tear up the carpet (caught him in the middle of the night on that one, that was when the doggie door got locked) I just started leaving the doggie door open last month. He has done great so far. We put some old boots in there as a test and they lasted 3 weeks!
LOLLLLL. What indestructible toy did you find? I need a few of those!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
So does "lola"

share share lol

karla

Old 02-19-2007, 05:47 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'd like to hear that too, since Rudy can destroy just about anything! He does have a few Kongs that are fairly intact, and an "industrial strength" lobster that hasn't been demolished yet... I'll have to look at who makes it, and will let you know.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, I'd like to hear that too, since Rudy can destroy just about anything! He does have a few Kongs that are fairly intact, and an "industrial strength" lobster that hasn't been demolished yet... I'll have to look at who makes it, and will let you know.
That would be great Gizmo! Thanks. I like that lobster idea. Maybe the dog can't destroy it but if I put a little melted butter on it........

Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,958 times
Quote:
His favorite toy right now is one called "bad cuz". a weird ball with feet. He has the large one. He has had that the longest. It does have a weird sounding squeker in it that gets on my nerves sometimes though.
http://shop.petsmart.com/product-123...4441809633.htm
His other fav is a ball the size of a tennis ball but it is made out of the same rubber as a bad cuz or kong and it has a crazy face with rope sticking out of it's head as hair. didn't get it at petsmart, can't remember the brand. Looks like a small.....forgot- the name of the ball in castaway
He had Kongs but they are alittle boring. But you can't destroy them. He had the water knog with a rope that got lost but we didn't replace it because he used to throw it up in the air and we worried about him breaking a window. They make a kong ball now that I might get but right now he his happy with his. He also has a lead rope (horse rope) that I cut and put a few knotts in.
They have ones that they say are indestrctible - jolly ball, giggly ball & a tuff tire biter something, they lasted 30 minutes.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I used to have a water spaniel called Britney. I did a project down in Florida and was living in a 32 ft travel trailer. Britney figured if I was outside, then she should be also. If I went out and was out of sight, she was ok. But if she could see me, she would get a little upset and something was going to get destroyed.

First time, I was standing out visiting with a neighbor. When I went in the trailer, my drivers license, credit cards, and money were in a pile in the middle of the room. Never did find my wallet. hahaha

A few weeks later, I was talking with the same neighbor. When I went in, there layed my ledger and checks. No leather check book. Never did find that either.

Then one day, I was visiting with the neighbor and I heard. Pop. Pop. Pop. So I went over and peaked in the window. Darn dog was biting the buttons on the couch and then backing up till they poped off. She'd spit it out and go after another button.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
I used to have a water spaniel called Britney. I did a project down in Florida and was living in a 32 ft travel trailer. Britney figured if I was outside, then she should be also. If I went out and was out of sight, she was ok. But if she could see me, she would get a little upset and something was going to get destroyed.

First time, I was standing out visiting with a neighbor. When I went in the trailer, my drivers license, credit cards, and money were in a pile in the middle of the room. Never did find my wallet. hahaha

A few weeks later, I was talking with the same neighbor. When I went in, there layed my ledger and checks. No leather check book. Never did find that either.

Then one day, I was visiting with the neighbor and I heard. Pop. Pop. Pop. So I went over and peaked in the window. Darn dog was biting the buttons on the couch and then backing up till they poped off. She'd spit it out and go after another button.
LOLLL it sounds like she had played favorites with the leather. You needed a few more leather items to save the buttons!
Cute.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
His favorite toy right now is one called "bad cuz". a weird ball with feet. He has the large one. He has had that the longest. It does have a weird sounding squeker in it that gets on my nerves sometimes though.
http://shop.petsmart.com/product-123...4441809633.htm
His other fav is a ball the size of a tennis ball but it is made out of the same rubber as a bad cuz or kong and it has a crazy face with rope sticking out of it's head as hair. didn't get it at petsmart, can't remember the brand. Looks like a small.....forgot- the name of the ball in castaway
He had Kongs but they are alittle boring. But you can't destroy them. He had the water knog with a rope that got lost but we didn't replace it because he used to throw it up in the air and we worried about him breaking a window. They make a kong ball now that I might get but right now he his happy with his. He also has a lead rope (horse rope) that I cut and put a few knotts in.
They have ones that they say are indestrctible - jolly ball, giggly ball & a tuff tire biter something, they lasted 30 minutes.
I go to Petsmart all the time. Weekly. I'll look to see what he likes. He destroys every stuffed toy and tug ropes, they look like the could make good mops sometimes. I've gotten him a Kong but it's really hard and unless it's filled with something, he ain't too interested!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:07 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Quote:
Good grief! What a rough dog you have! A golden retriever? I have a Black Lab/Golden Retriever mix, and he's not that rough, (he weighs about 75 lbs). Wow! In fact, when I got my miniature horse, in December, I bought him, (the horse), a jolly ball, and the dog has taken it over. He won't even let Dundee play with it, when they are outside together. I think I'll have to buy another one, (it's like having kids ). I will say, Sam has torn up most other toys, but so far, the jolly ball has lasted, (knock on wood ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs