U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM

193 posts, read 525,518 times

Advertisements

Hi have any of ya'll ever had the issue where your dog humps people. Specifically your husband. My husband has been gone for 2 weeks and came home and my boxer wont stop trying to hump his leg. It is the weirdest thing. She is not in heat or anything either. she used to do this but hasnt in a long time. But whats weird is she has never tried humping anyone else ever. She only does it specifically to him. Can dogs have crushes....lol. Sounds silly but I dont know, can they? And how do we make her stop trying to hump him everytime he pets her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 07:17 PM

49,971 posts, read 47,075,405 times
i suppose negative attention is better than no attention.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM

2,367 posts, read 3,928,909 times
Dogs sometimes hump as a way to show aggression. This wouldn't be all that surprising since your hubby had been away. She may be trying to tell your hubby that she is the boss in the house, not your hubby.

Last edited by cmacf1; 09-23-2008 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: got mixed up on gender! It's a she, not a he!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM

1,315 posts, read 4,585,610 times
Mounting behavior can be sexual, but is often a dominance behavior that is exhibited by both sexes. Many times dogs display mounting behavior when they are overexcited. If your dog continues to try to hump your husband or other people, distract her by offering her a toy or taking her away to play. give her lots of exercise. You should also consider spaying her. The hormonal fluctuations that go along with normal heat cycles affect some dogs' behavior.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM

yeah that would make since about the dominating behavior
because she does always try to dominate our other dog. Not by mounting him but just by always having to be first out the door even completly jumping on him to keep him from getting out the door before she does. And she is always trying to eat the other dogs food even if she is full and just eaten. So it very well could be a dominance issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,749,419 times
Does your husband encourage this behavior. What does he do when the dog begins this behavior? If he tells the dog firmly no, I think after time he/she will understand this is not becoming behavior for a boxer and a human

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,536,863 times
Hahahaha, I used to have a male English bulldog who would hump guests' suitcases. He knew better than to hump people -- I guess he was telling them it was time to go home.

Yeah, she's letting him know that girl power rules. Having her spayed should help.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM

haha that is halarious about humping the suitcases. Dogs can be so funny sometimes.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM

1,294 posts, read 4,804,041 times
my mom's dog (jrt) is a girl and she's fixed and she still humps my husband. i think it's b/c she gets too excited over him though. she also used to hump my big dog. it was hilarious - the 10 lb. dog humping the 40 lb. dog. the little ones always win the dominance thing, don't they? haha. she would make lucy (my dog) a nervous wreck.

then she moved on to my husband and still humps him, he just tells her no and trys to distract her (and so do we) but she's pretty stubborn. she doesn't hump any other humans besides him. we just laugh.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:38 PM

4,357 posts, read 8,527,499 times
Years ago my oldest spayed dog Ginger (55 lbs.) used to hump my male persian cat....go figure! My little neutered Chihuahua Bambi takes over the empty stuffies after Chyna takes the stuffing out and they become his hump buddies....or as we call them....his girlfriends. He takes them all under the dining room table and humps them one by one! My Moms neutered male Pom used to hump my Ginger years ago while she was sleeping on the couch....he was 12 lbs. she was 55 lbs. We used to laugh because she was so big and he was so small. He would lose his balance and fall from side to side. But the little guy never gave up hope!
My little deaf spayed female pittie Lyla sometimes humps my leg.
Princess my female spayed AmStaff humps my bedpillows.
They are all mixed up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs