Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times

Advertisements

Ten Commandments for Pet Owners 1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.. 2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience and understanding will teach me more quickly those things you want me to learn. 3. Please have me spayed or neutered. 4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you. 5. Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand all your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I will ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiastic excitement when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear. 6. Please take me inside when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with clean water; I cannot tell you when I'm thirsty. Feed me good food so that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to be by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to share with you my life, for that is what I live for. However you treat me, I'll never forget it. 7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you. 8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak. 9. Take care of me when I get old. You will grow old too. 10. When I am very old, when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post

Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience and understanding will teach me more quickly those things you want me to learn.

3. Feed me good food so that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to be by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to share with you my life, for that is what I live for. Keep my bowl filled with clean water; I cannot tell you when I'm thirsty.

4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you. However you treat me, I'll never forget it.

5. Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand all your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I will ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiastic excitement when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

6. Please take me inside when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me.

7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am sick, maybe I'm not getting the right food, maybe I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You will grow old too.

10. When I am very old, when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I can't tell you when I'm in pain. Please don't make me suffer.

Please have me spayed or neutered.

Love,

Your Dog
Really nice, Blondie. Hope you don't mind that I edited it a bit ...

WC

Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Really nice, Blondie. Hope you don't mind that I edited it a bit ...

WC
You are a true perfectionist! Great job!
Thanx....

Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Have you seen this???

Your 10 Commandments reminds me of this that someone emailed to me...

DEAR GOD FROM DOG

Dear God,... Is there a reason that our names are the same - just reversed?

Dear God,... Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God,... When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or, is it still the same old story?

Dear God,... Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be sohard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?

Dear God,... If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?

Dear God,... We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God,... More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God, ... Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God,... Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good Dog.

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc.,... just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'munder the coffee table.

9. I must shake the rainwaterout of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

'Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs